1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rapture Movies Critics Wanted

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Rosebud, Sep 2, 2003.

1. Rosebud

Rosebud New Member

Sorry couldn't think of a better subject title. I've been seeing the movie advertised "The Gathering" and "Future Tense". I enjoy learning and studying the bible's prophecies.

Has anyone seen either of these movies and what was your take on it. I would like to see "The Gathering". As a babe in Christ though, I don't want to watch anything that may not be fruitful.

Looks like they would be interesting...although I realize that the entertainment industry may embellish or take from it a bit.

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

Hi, I've seen Future Tense, adn I think The Gathering. Both are christian made, which doesn't mean they are accurate. I did enjoy them(or at least Future Tense, still not sure of the Gathering). Still I wouldn't look to learn something biblical from most movies. You say you are a new christian, may I suggest if you want to learn the bible, just read the bible, then as you grow you can add trusted(authors) helpful books. And as a new christian I wouldn't be too concerned about end times movies and books, I'd stick to just learning scripture and how God wants me to live. It's too easy to get a hold of something not good, and get caught up in all the end times stuff. grow a little before you tackle the harder subjects.

3. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

Let the scripture speak for itself. When you hear about "end times" and "last days" Just open up to Hebrews and it tells you when the "last days" were.

Hebrews 1

1 God, having of old time spoken unto the fathers in the prophets by divers portions and in divers manners,
    2 hath at the end of these days spoken unto us in his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, through whom also he made the worlds;

4. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Hello,

There is NOTHING wrong with watching these movies, or even the "Left Behind" movies. Just remember that they may be "based" on Scripture, but they are still fiction. Give them the same regard as you would the Lord of the Rings movies (I was/am a HUGE Tolkien fan!). Consult the Word for any real study of prophecy.

Should you have any questions, simply ask anyone on the list for guidance with respect to answering them. My experience is that all of us would have all the time in the world for a new Believer. I know I do!!