1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Rapture - The Poll

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Salty, Mar 4, 2013.

?
  1. Pre-Trib

34 vote(s)
    54.8%
  2. Mid-Trib

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  3. Post-Trib

9 vote(s)
    14.5%
  4. Prewrath

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  5. Partial

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Not sure

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  7. Other answer

15 vote(s)
    24.2%
  1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I know He is coming........

2. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I never said the rapture was going to be done in secret. The Rapture certainly isn't a secret but will happen right before the eyes of the whole world. The only secret I know of is when it will happen.
    Actually you did say;
    If they suffer in the same way they would be spared.
    After the rapture the only two Christians left will be the two witnesses.

Martyrs will be killed for non compliance with the laws of that day. They will either take the number of the beast or they will die. Most will take the number because of ignorance. all who do not have the number will be executed. Those who do take the number go to hell for it.
    Ever try to count 144000 people all grouped together?. A very darting task I would say. People do not stand still long enough to be counted.
    To answer a question correctly we have to think about it first.
    I hope you slept well
    MB

3. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

So you think Christ will be visible during the pre-trib rapture? Thats different

Actually the timing isn't secret either:
    Mark 13:24-27 Immediately after the tribulation...gather the elect
    2 Thess 2 Our gathering together...shall not come until first there is a falling away and the man of sin be revealed

I wasn't very clear. Believers will be spared God's wrath but they aren't spared persecution. So God can and will protect believers from His judgment, but not from the persecution of the wicked. The Great Tribulation is primarily a period of persecution against the Church. The church has had tribulation since it was created yet we are still spared Gods wrath.

So if only the two witnesses are Christians during the "tribulation" what are the 144000?

So no believers period? Then why call them martyrs?

You seem to be on the right track sort of when it comes to these two groups (144000 and numberless multitude). But you never answered my question, if these really are Jews then why did John (a Jew remember) get the name of the tribes wrong?
    I did

4. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amil here though I am starting to be sympathetic toward the preterist point of view. Haven't been convinced of an early writing of Revelation, still hold to a mid 90's date instead of a late 60's date.

5. glazer1972

glazer1972 Member

Pretribulation

6. 12strings

12strings Active Member

I do not have an eschatalogical position...I don't understand that stuff.

7. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was going to check post trib, when out of nowhere; I started floating straight up. Thank God I have a wireless keyboard. It allowed me to make this final post/comment and vote on the poll, before I was out of range!

If you're reading this, I suppose you didn't go??? :smilewinkgrin::laugh::wavey:

8. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm right there with you. I have no real concern about end-days topics. Whether I am raptured tomorrow or step in front of a bus on Sat. the bottom line really is; What have I done with the Man called Jesus? Have I faithfully followed Him as He commanded me to do? I feel very comfortable at this time in my life with the thought of standing before the Judge on the Great Day. My primary wish is to hear Him say: Well done my good and faithful servant....

#28 FollowTheWay, Mar 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2013
  9. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

As much as I understand all the distinctions, I think I would fall into the amill camp.

10. quantumfaith

:applause::applause::thumbs:

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I seriously don't think anyone truly does. Most of the world would share in your opinion.:thumbs:

12. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Funny thing is, so much debate goes into that realm of theology known as eschatology when eventually that will be the one section of theology that we will have a full grasp of knowledge once all the events transpire. Yet things as magnificent as the Gospel and Jesus and God will be pondered for all eternity.

13. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

I used to be pre-trib. Today I'm post-trib. Don't know what I'll be tomorrow.

14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The best experience any Southern Christian could have is to move up North & experience it 1st hand. Still I pray that the SBC will never discover NJ or maybe ya have and its too damn hard to penetrate.

In all seriousness Tim, it is mostly carnality with a large swath being atheistic. Mostly, you would be having dialog by yourself, sorry to say.

15. quantumfaith

No need to worry EWF, since "yall" are slim on grits.....No thanks for north. :)
    Not to mention, I rather enjoy never having to shovel snow anymore, did that plenty growing up. Bless your little heart.

16. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You would have to eat oatmeal or forgedabout it. :laugh:

17. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

Agreed...!

Ditto THAT Bob....I do think though that the church, the body of Christ that is alive at and before the time of the Rapture will have to undergo increasing degrees of suffering and persecution for our faith. We've had it real good in this country for a long time and I see that slipping away with increasing speed as the time of the "catching away" of the church nears. I don't think we deserve, or will get a "free pass" just because we are Americans under grace in the church age. There have already been millions that have suffered and died for their faith since the time that Christ walked the earth. That is just the reality of the situation....but oh...what joys await us on the other side!!!!! We are instructed to "set our affection on things above, not on things on the earth." (see Col.3:1-4) Even so,come Lord Jesus!

Bro.Greg:thumbsup::saint::praying:

18. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How about a 3/4 tribulation rapture? We know not the hour. God knows. It has not yet been two days since Jesus was here--in God's time for His Will and good pleasure.

Whatever the pico second of eternity it might be, we are admonished to be ready. The world has not a clue. Most of nominal Christianity has not a clue.

Fact: God has kept a remnant in every generation all the way back to the Flood. Also consider the millions of souls murdered during the Inquisitions--refusing to bow to Rome. We know not what persecution might be.

'All who live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution'.

The apostles did not die in retirement homes.

What are we still doing here? There are some lost sheep still out there. When the last one is called in the door will close.

'Watch and pray'

Even so, come Lord Jesus.

Bro. James

19. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not during but just before. Rev.1:7
    Our gathering happens after the revealing of the Anti Christ.
    The 144000 are Jews saved during the tribulation "the remnant"
    As soon as someone accepts Christ they will be hunted down and killed. Martyrs are those who refuse to worship the beast, because they worship Christ. It will be law that everyone worship the beast

I don't know that John did get the names wrong. Which tribes name isn't right?.
    MB

20. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Doesn't matter?

I plan on being there regardless of the doctrinal differences and theology surrounding these different theories. :wavey: