1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rapture & US Govt

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Salty, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    NOTE: This is not a discussion as to which version of the End events you believe - just stay on subject
    I will say, I am coming from a Pre-trib rature - so lets leave it at that

So the rapture happens - for the sake of this discussion - it happens next year (on April fools day :D)

With a population of some 300 million - (assuming 20% are Evangelical) = 60 million are raptured - leaving a population of 240 million ( we know that no more than 77 politicans......)

So what happens to the United States sometime in the near future:
    1) invaded by another country
    2) taken over by the UN
    3) US govt totally falls apart
    4) Some States/Commonwealth - become independent
    5) there will be power grabs in DC

Are there some actual possibilities

What say you????

2. SavedByGrace

SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only the Lord really knows! ;)

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thats true
    But we can use our immigration a little bit?

4. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    with 240 million left, and whith your armed forces, I doubt any country on earth would try a take over, or invasion. China and Russia have numbers, but not the skill or will to do anything. Israel have both, but are friends, and too small any way. I would say 3 and 4 are the most probable

5. Quantrill

Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I wouldn't say that only evangelicals are raptured. Any who have placed faith in Christ would be. So the number of those raptured could be higher.

I do believe the U.S. will be the most affected nation in the world due to it's Christian heritage. I don't see how this can result in anything but chaos. Including the government.

The loss of that many people in all ranks of society, in all levels of government, in all positions in the military, in all positions of economic control, in all positions of infrastructure, in all positions of law and police, is enough to cripple the government. That is just due to the loss of people raptured.

Will there be car accidents as a result? Plane? Submarine? Ship? I believe so. So the crippled U.S. govt is faced with chaos everywhere. And I don't believe it will be able to respond.

Lawlessness will breakout everywhere. Remember, the Church is gone. The Holy Spirit's restraining influence is gone. Local and State government will be equally affected. Race wars will be everywhere.

Because America is based upon Christianity, a God fearing, Bible believing people, it's laws are no longer effective. Any regaining of control will result in a totally different government and laws. If they can get control back.

As far as any nation trying to take over the U.S. at that time, what nation would want to step into the middle of that cauldron?

Quantrill

6. HatedByAll

HatedByAll Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    First point to consider, I doubt the 20% figure is accurate at all. I wish the number of true believers in Jesus Christ was that high, but that is doubtful. Who are the true Christians? Those how have faith in Jesus Christ as their Savior and also have faith in him as their Lord. The number of people who accept him as Savior is probably greater than 20% but how many people put their trust in living their lives by faith in Christ as spelled out in the Bible. Those people who have faith in Jesus as Lord and Savior are the ones who will be raptured.

The story of the rich young ruler as well as others bear this out. The rich young ruler seemed willing to trust in Jesus to as his Savior, but instead of trusting in Him as his Lord as well, he trusted in his wealth, youth, and position instead. Many today are willing to believe in Jesus as their Savior, but a sizeable percentage of those do not have faith in Jesus that following Him is the right thing to do. They trust in riches, other things, and lastly their sin for living a fulfilled life. Many say you only have to believe to be saved but believe is more than just agreeing with the fact that Jesus in the Savior. To believe you also have to believe He is God and if you believe He is truly God live in a way that you trust in His ways for a fulfilled life.

But, I don't have an clue what the real number will be, so I will go along with your 20% but just for the sake of question.

When the world falls apart, there will be no government until the final antichrist comes to power. Until that time, the world will be ruled by the World Bank and an oligopoly of the largest corporations. We have already seen these corporations start to rein in free speech. What we are seeing now is the start of the world's billionaires pooling their resources to take over the world. Governments will end up just being the tools of the super wealthy, that is all.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Absolutely
    - that 20% - just a guessmation - that I picked out of the sky (pun intended!)

But you both had some very interesting thoughts!

8. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The "little horn" prophecy must be fulfilled. One of the earth's newest entities must fulfill that prophecy. Could be Israel, the UN, or one that has not yet formed.

My suspicion is that America will be one of the three nations that the "little horn" will supplant. For several reasons.

First, nearly half of the earth's self-identifying Jews live in America. And they hold a significantly disproportionate level of power and position throughout America Society. No entity has more incentive to dechristianize America than the Jews, as Christianity is deemed apostasy by Judaism. Judaism believes that THEY are the "light of the world" and therefore must ascend to reign upon the earth. Romans chapter eleven playing out. The rapture would eliminate all the Christian resistance to their pursuit. The rapidly increasing animosity between increasingly Liberal American Judaism and the increasingly Orthodoxy of Israeli Judaism sets the stage for American Judaism to become the typology of a modern day Absalom.

The one prophecied event that could, and I believe would, magnify both American Judaism and Israeli Judaism is Ezekiel's chapters 38 and 39 war. I believe that the nations forming that evil alliance thirsting to move against Israel are currently aligned and consumed with hatred of Israel.

Therefore, as the bible states, a house divided cannot stand. America is indeed a house divided and subject to be supplanted. The mysteries are which three nations are supplanted and what new or newer entity supplants those three nations.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    The nation Israel is no longer God's chosen people, the Church of born again believes is. Those Jews who turn to Jesus as their Messiah in repentance will be saved, as will any non Jew. There is no longer any special status for Israel

10. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see that you have foolishly ripped Romans chapters 9 through 11 out of your Bible. As all replacement theologies do. Shame on you.

11. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    America has sadly theologically become Benjamin Franklin.

12. Larry the Logger

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, here's some sort of reality dust type things/legal type issues that would place whoever's left in a conundrum.

Some portion of the population disappears. Gone. Toodles. Insurance companies require a death certificate in order to collect on life insurance. States require death certificates in order for surviving relatives to claim their legal rights to deceased property/legal inheritance. No body, no death certificate, no legal claim on disappeared people. Yes, most states have the five year to I think ten year rule that if you can't find the body, then some life insurance will kick in and states will allow property transfer but that's five years into the seven years of Daniel's seventieth week; well into the last three and a half years.

One, two or all three non-white horses will be having their field days at that time. A real excrement sandwich ensuing while insurance companies (if they even exist by then) and relatives (if they are even alive by then) might be moot. BUT whatever booty is left via the raptured folks, my guess is it will probably have been absconded by the antichrist and his system of unbridled evil sometime into the first three and a half years or right at the end of the first three and a half years.

Also, a possibility linked in with the above scenario: world debt is in the tens of trillions more now and any kind of world currency bubble pop would render economies pretty much over. A solution for the wonderful white horsed rider (I know he's not really wonderful) could be to "solve" a lot of the ridiculously high debt issues by simply taking the assets of the disappeared ones and applying them to national. regional, or world debt. Taking the raptured peoples' assets would sure make AC look like a genius to solve the next gigantic debt bubble pop. "Yay, he's our hero"! What would stop him? The US Constitution? The UN would love it and certainly who ever is left in DC would love it as well.

IF (and I risk setting hair fires across the BB), the US is Mystery Babylon per ch 18 and if verse 4 is another reference to the rapture (OT Hebrew narrative going back chronologically to give more details), it doesn't end well for 'Murica or whatever country the MB happens to be after that. All the booty somehow goes away (18:9-16) and maybe no one gets any if either Yellowstone explodes, EMP attack or the AC takes it before states and insurance kicks in. And, it happens faster than a "Martenizing" dry cleaner can get your suits cleaned, only one hour. No Long Beach, no Port Elizabeth, no Port Arthur, causing eye balls to puddle up off the coasts.

Anyway, just some thoughts on possibilities. Glad we won't be here to enjoy the festivities because I'm pre-trib too. Personally, I think we're awful close.

#12 Larry the Logger, Jan 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some great thoughts about this - appreciate all responses - lets keep them coming in
    (and no - I have no plans to make plans to write a book about all this.

14. SGO

SGO Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "NOTE: This is not a discussion as to which version of the End events you believe - just stay on subject
    I will say, I am coming from a Pre-trib rapture - so lets leave it at that"

You can speculate anything you like if you say your view is the only one we start off from.
    So everything said accepts the pre-trib rapture and furthers its propagation.
    The Lord comes three times if you hold to a pre-trib rapture.

15. Larry the Logger

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not if His coming is a seven year event and not a 24 hour day in Revelation 1:10. The singular event Sukkot or Feast of Booths lasts seven days. The single, final judgment of Judah lasted 70 years. And, remember too that He meets us in the air and not on the earth, so if it's not a seven year event, He only hits the planet once, three days after the two witnesses are dead and then stays on it for a thousand years.

16. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    NOTE: THIS IS NOT A REGULAR DISCUSSION ABOUT FUTURE EVENTS -
    its about what could happen to the US govt (assuming a pre-trib rapture)

AND NOW BACK TO THE OP DISSCUSSION