1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Raptured here in Virginia

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by rockytopva, Dec 1, 2022.

1. rockytopva

rockytopva Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The Pentecostal Churches here in Virginia were all caught up in the rapture teachings. Musicians like the Singing Cookes would sing such music to a lively congregation with folks running the aisles, shouting, speaking in tongues, and (as many liked to say) swinging from the chandeliers. I used to enjoy these type services and would leave with a happy and good spirited soul...

• Like Like x 1
  2. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And... I like to drive the hour into these mountains to the Indian Valley Church of God where such teachings also energize and electrify the congregation...

3. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through. Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not. - Luke 12:39-40

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure. - 1 John 3:2-3

If your eschatology is correct...

1. You will be anticipating the Lord to come at any time
    2. You will live a life of purity as a result

And... I learned these things growing up Baptist. And growing up in these meetings I felt very clean spiritually after spending a weekend with rapture type teachings.

• Like Like x 1
  4. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The rapture is certainly not the most taught doctrine today. Prophecy Watchers is where I get most of my info re: the rapture.
    Seeing what our country is becoming makes me yearn for Him to return ASAP!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    He will. Washington DC has become the new Rome. They are trying to control Israel like Rome did 2,000 years ago.

Israel is on the verge, right now, of putting together, for the first time, a truely Right Wing Coalition government, that should have the resolve to defy Washington DC.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not so sure. Rome did not control Israel (there was no Israel....they belonged to Rome). Before that (minus joint rule during the Hasmonean period) they were a part of the Seleucid Empire.