1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rare Bible study books in the Internet

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Morozoff, Sep 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morozoff

Morozoff New Member

Dear friends,

May I ask you about help and opinions?

Now we open site with facsimiles of rare books about the Bible. It has several faximiles yet:

English Hexapla 1841. Greek New Testament according to Scholtz with 6 ancient English translations: Wiclif 1380, Tyndale 1534, Cranmer 1539, Geneva 1557, Rheims 1582, Authorised 1611

Alfred W. Pollard "Records of the English Bible. The Documents Relating to the Translation and Publication of the Bible in English, 1525-1611". Henry Frowde, Oxford University Press, London, 1911

William Jennings, M.A. Lexicon to the Syriac New Testament (Peshitta), The Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1926

Massoreth Ha-Massoreth of Elias Levita, being an exposition of the massoretic notes on the Hebrew Bible, or the ancient critical apparatus of the Old Testament in Hebrew, with an English translation, and critical and explanatory notes, by Christian D. Ginsburg, LL. D.

We plan to publish on site another books and write his list in "In progress" sections. I need in information, which books we must publish in first. Which is more needest? I shall be very glad, if you inform me your opinion.

2. Morozoff

Morozoff New Member

3. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I am not enough of a scholar to get all this, but it does sound potentially interesting, at least.

Ed

4. Morozoff

Morozoff New Member

Dear Ed,

Thanks for your mark. If you have time and wish, please visit to http://bible.zoxt.net/progress.htm page and inform me, which books (from list on this page) you want see on site in main. Our site has limit and I can't publish all books, so want with your help build our Library more useful.

5. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Very cool. Thanks. A while back I was looking for an online version of Novum Testamentum and could have made use of this site. I think I eventually found scans of it from some German or Dutch site of a museum in Basle.

Browns, Driver, Briggs would probably be one of the most popular resources. But if you are just doing scans, then it wouldn't be so useful since many internet sites already have BDB in searchable format.

I would be interested in Chayim's works.

6. Morozoff

Morozoff New Member

Dear Gold Dragon,

Thanks you very much for your marks. I am very need in opinions about books on our site. Erasmus Novum Testamentum we publish 2 days ago by ask of member from other christian forum.

You wrote: "I think I eventually found scans of it from some German or Dutch site of a museum in Basle." Do you want bet that you don't found? This is not available anywhere else.

Tyday we published on site facsimili of Jacob Ben Chajim Ibn Adonijah's Introduction to the Rabbinic Bible, Hebrew and English; with explanatory notes by Christian D. Ginsburg, LL.D. Welcome.

Yours truly

7. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well. I know I did find it in the past but it may not have been the whole book.

But I saw this bet as a challenge and I'm always up for an internet search challenge. ;) Especially since I know I've found it before.

Found it.

It was in german at the University of Basel Library. It was not scans of the whole book but several pages of it.

University of Basel Library

8. Morozoff

Morozoff New Member

Dear Gold Dragon,

Thanks you for answer, but I can't find Erasmus Greek-Latin New Testaments scans by your link. They are several pages of title only. And one page of start of the Matthew's Gospel.

Possibility this is my mistake. English is not my natural language and your words: "I think I eventually found scans of it from some German or Dutch site of a museum in Basle." I understood as we use scans from another sities. This is not true, we use own scans.

Yours truly, M

#8 Morozoff, Sep 12, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.