1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ratings: Fox Number One In All Cable, MSNBC Collapses

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In all of cable, not just cable news, Fox News was the most-watched channel throughout all of last week. During the Boston bombings and subsequent manhunt, the new "Most Trusted Name In News" averaged 2.874 million viewers during primetime, and 1.77 million in total day.

CNN came in a distant third with 1.985 million and 1.329 million respectively.

Because no one turns to left-wing talk radio when major news is breaking, MSNBC humiliated itself with a 19th place showing. Fewer than a million viewers tuned in in primetime, and fewer than 600,000 in total day.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/04/23/Fox-Number-one-in-all-cable

2. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting. I found myself watching more of the regular network coverage then any of the cable outlets during the whole Boston episode. Not sure exactly why, just kinda the way it worked out.

I won't pretend to know the reasons, but do you think the personalities of Fox are preferred and that is why we see the difference? I'm not a news channel watcher, but I could probably name a hand full of Fox personalities but would struggle to name more then two of the other channels personalties combined.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In the open economic market liberalism does not sell. This has been proved on radio and TV

4. Doubting Thomas

Doubting Thomas Active Member

And yet, sadly, the liberals seem to be on the ascendancy in politics and in the culture. Obama has been elected twice and the march toward "gay marriage" continues. (God help us.)

5. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

Also, Fair and Balanced.

6. JPPT1974

JPPT1974 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I love CNN, Fox, and MSNBC but also really turn it to either the three major networks despite them breaking up regular program for tv coverage of the Boston marathon tragedy.

But CNN seems to be the one to go for news when breaking news is happening. They made their names really when the Gulf War the first one broke out in 1991! That is just IMHO!

7. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

I am glad we have more then one newspaper or one television network. I realize that CNN spins the news to the left and Fox spins it to the right. I like it much better then having one paper or one TV station Let me hear both sides and I will decide which is truth and what is not. A controlled press is what they have in Russia.