1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Ravi Zacharias?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by SolaSaint, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Basically, word of faith is a modern Charasmatic teaching of doctrines, as espoused by Copeland/Hagin/Hinn etc, that teaches that God made us exactly in his image, that we are "gods", that jesus was one who practiced the Laws of faith perfectly, and that by having right words/enough faith, we can became just as much an incarnation of God as jesus was, he just learned how to do it much quicker/better!

They hold to God being a much bigger physical man, and that jesus died as a sinner, had to get born again in hell....

2. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

Some of the other terms you may hear are "Name it Claim It" or "Health and Wealth Gospel".

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you quite serious...this is nuts. And do people in the streets believe this horse manure!?! WOW! I repeat...WOW!

4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those holding to that theology are DEAD serious, as they hold to the hagins/Copelands etc as being modern day Apostles/prophets...

They hold to jesus death providing for us all blessings, that we have a right to divine health/wealth, and that again, Jesus was showing us the way by living out the principals of 'faith"

They see even God bound by His Spiritual laws, for IF you confess/visualize/have faith, HE MUST respond to you!

Some even see themselves as being gods, as they see us being little god to Big God, as we are exactly in his image!

basically, its "Christian Chrsitian Science", where metaphysical rules!

5. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

You have to listen carefully when tuned into these false TBN preachers. 98% of what they say sounds orthodox, then they will slip in their heresy every once in a while.

Hank Hanagraff has an excellent website and has lots of articles and resources on them. www.EQUIP.ORG ///he also has a great book on the issue "Christianity in Crisis(21st Century)" I have it and it reveals all the errors of the Word Faith movement.

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its one thing to have "honest mistakes" in misunderstanding biblical doctrines, but these guys all claim to have received it from "divine reveltion" from the Holy Sprit, and that would to me be modern day Blasphemy against Him, attributing doctrines of demons to be from Him!

7. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

My assumption has always been they teach this word faith stuff so they can sell their gimmicks to weakminded followers. It is almost like magic spells by teaching they can speak something to come about. I have to lump Joel Osteen in this crowd also, I wonder how much he has made from his books over the years?