1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Ravi Zacharius on Sovereignty

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by 12strings, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Once again, thank you.

2. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

That means more than you know!

Thank you.

It takes a heck of a man to say this about me like you do, because I have been forthright and stinging with you a few times too.

This proves to me that you are a man of principles, because it would be easier to jump on the bandwagon with people I cut to the quick and dismiss me by calling me names.

You have done the opposite and I am deeply moved by your principled character.

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Thanks for the kind words. I have been short with others besides you and learn as I go to express myself better. No doubt there are several others I have gotten into back and forths that could have been better expressed, but people on the board are generally forgiving, like Icon and 12strings for example.

4. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

It seems to me that you choose the high road of judging a man based on the merits of arguments not his propensity or lack thereof to politic.

This means that you ought to be able to say to me, "NO!!! You are dead wrong!! How could you be so blind t the truth here!!! Here is why you are wrong...."

And I ought to be able to take it and judge your argument based on its merits.

So many people are so obsessed with everybody's feelings that you can't make any effective arguments on here.

I don't want to know so much whether or not somebody likes me- I want to know if that somebody has a POINT. That's what matters.

5. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I think this discussion deserves a thread of its own:
    I'll create one. http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?p=1970516#post1970516

#65 HeirofSalvation, Apr 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2013