1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ray Comfort...Hell's best kept secret

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by yeshua4me2, Jul 27, 2005.

1. Brian30755

Brian30755 New Member

Exactly. We may not agree with EVERYTHING Ray or Kirk says or teaches, but I don't think anybody can deny that they teach a great, Biblically-based way to present the gospel.

2. Brian30755

Brian30755 New Member

I think that's why they teach evangelism the way they do.....to prevent FALSE conversions from happening in the first place. Check it out and see what you think about it.

3. Kiffen

Kiffen Member

Comfort and Cameron present the Law first to show people how far from God they really are. Next they present the Gospel to show they can be reconciled to God through Jesus Christ. In other words, Bad News first then the Good News.

I have heard it explained in the S.O.S. terms

Law - S.O.S. Shows Our Sins

Gospel - S.O.S. Shows Our Savior

4. yeshua4me2

yeshua4me2 New Member

wow kiffen i had not heard it put that way...i like the SOS thing.

thank yo and God Bless

5. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

The one thing we all need to remember is that no matter how the Gospel is presented (and I do like Ray Comfort's method) the real saving work must be done in the heart by the Holy Spirit.Not gonna get into a calvinistic debate here (I'm NOT one)but the fact remains that Salvation is of the Lord no matter what method is used.The Law was our schoolmaster to show us our need and bring us to Christ.But....it is the Holy Spirit who takes the Word of God and God's Law and brings conviction unto Salvation.Thank God he did that for me years ago.I am His and He is mine!

Greg Sr.

6. untangled

untangled Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again I must say it is a good program. However, alot of people throughout the centuries have done basically the same thing. In Acts chapter 2 Peter preached and the people were convicted of their sin.

To even become a Christian you must realize you are a sinner in need of a Savior. People have been doing that for years.

I believe the best thing RC and KC have done is make alot of people aware of the "bright, shiney, fluffy feel-good" they've been preaching and try to get back to showing the reason people need a Savior: To be saved from Hell.

7. yeshua4me2

yeshua4me2 New Member

I just used their method (TODAY) on my bro-in-law.

he has realized that he DESERVES hell for the first time in his life. this is the first time i have had the honor of presenting the gospel (and of course the law first) to him. He has realized that he needs a savior. please say a small prayer for him, his name is Chris (God knows which one). i had written him off, he has been an unrepentent meth addict for ovr 5 years, and had always refused to listen about the things of God. until today, 4 hours it took to break (not me but the Holy Spirit) his self righteouness, and he said to me "Oh My God, I'm Going To Hell"......yes, i will be with him tomarrow (God Willing), and i am hoping and praying that God will bring him to Himself. as I can no longer see my wifes heart broken by him (as she has thought he has been "close" to salvation before), please ask God to bring him home.

thankyou and God Bless

8. guitarpreacher

guitarpreacher New Member

If a person believes in God, want's to spend eterinity with God, but for whatever reason doesn't believe in a literal hell, can that person be saved?

9. Brian30755

Brian30755 New Member

Since we're talking about the method of evangelism used by Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron, here's their reply when someone says "I don't believe in hell":

"It doesn't matter if you believe in it or not. Hell is real. The Bible says so. You could stand in the middle of the interstate and say 'I don't believe in trucks', or you could step off a ten-story building and say 'I don't believe in the law of gravity', but just because you don't believe in something doesn't change the truth."

That being said, if someone doesn't believe there is a literal hell, but you say they DO believe in God and they DO want to spend eternity with him, then yes, I believe they can be saved. It's just that they may believe (for now) something different is going to happen to them if they are NOT saved (they may think they will simply rot in the ground; that nothing happens to their spirit). But it seems to me that if someone acknowledges that they do want to spend eternity with God, and they believe there is a way that they CAN spend eternity with God, then I would have to ask them, "If you DON'T spend eternity with God, where do you think you'll spend it?"

10. dale kesterson

dale kesterson New Member

I have read the basic principles of this method and parts of a book a friend gave me to use in my ministry and find that it can be used effectually in convincing people that they cannot fulfill the requirements of Gods Law and appease His wrath. I believe this is a good method of evangelism and it is important for sinners to be aware of this deficiency. However, it is the Spirit that convicts and no method can force the Spirit into action (Jn 3:8). I will use a gentle approach when I feel the method calls for it or a blunt warning of eternal damnation when I feel so moved and prayer at all times.

11. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

I really don't think one could be truly saved until they know they are truly lost.
    And the Law is the schoolmaster which shows this and brings folks to the knowledge of the judgement of God.
    Remember that the Holy Spirit reproves (convinces) the world of sin, righteousness and judgement?
    THEIR sin.
    GOD'S righteousness.
    INEVITABLE judgement.
    In my opinion, no salvation message is complete without these three.
    RC and KC do a very good and balanced job of communicating this truth.

It is the Biblical model.
    1. Personal sin.
    2. God's holiness.
    3. Coming judgement.
    4. Christ's sacrifice.
    5. God's free gift.

In HIS service;
    Jim

12. guitarpreacher

guitarpreacher New Member

Can you show that?

13. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Sure!
    Start in Romans 1 and read clear through Romans 8!!!

In HIS service;
    Jim

14. Well put Brian I too saw the video series and agreed with most of its approach. I was a bit bummed when they didn't follow through with asking the big question on the videos when you could tell people were ready to get saved. Go Figure ? Anyway I think it is wise to allow the Holy Spirit to lead when talking to people. Sometimes you may be dealing with someone who already knows they are a sinner and needs GRACE and the LOVE message before accepting Christ. But most need ( especially in America ) to know they are sinners and need the law to point that out to them. I always find witnessing works best when I am lead by the Spririt and try to find out by asking lots of question what that person believes and WHY. Then I go from there. I never will ask them to accept Christ till I am very sure they are ready. I am not into numbers, but am into true converts. [​IMG]

15. yeshua4me2

Lifting up prayers for your brother right now.

let us know what happens OK

16. yeshua4me2

yeshua4me2 New Member

ok, but it doesn't look good for him right now, as i have seen in the past when a person who "feels" the weight of their sin and does not turn immediatly (not neccesarily right that moment but soon afterwards) towards God, their end is worse off, as his appearing to be.

thankyou for your prayers

God Bless