1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Razorback football

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by StefanM, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh. I will give you congratulations for Ark already being better than I thought they'd be.

Do you still stand beside your 6-6 prediction for UT? Didn't you also think that Cal and UGA would beat up on UT?

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I do not have a dog in this fight. I am not for or against UT or Arkansas.

I have watched both teams play this year. No doubt the Arkansas win over Auburn is impressive. The Tenn win over Cal and over Georgia is impressive as well.

However, I do not see Arkansas doing the same to Tenn as they did to Auburn. Let's look at each teams loss so far. Arkansas got pounded by USC. Tenn barely lost to Florida.

I think Tenn wins this game 35-21. Arkansas keeps it close in the first half and Tenn comes out and pulls ahead in the second half.

3. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here, here... the voice of objectivity has spoken... and agreed with me.:love2:

4. PastorSBC1303

:thumbs: See we can agree Scott.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would love to see Arkansas get another chance at Southern Cal. This is hardly the same Hogs team that played then - as you Tennessee backers will find out on November 11. :)

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The only fact that matters will be the final scoreboard on November 11 - and you will very, very disappointed, brother Scott.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now who is resorting to cliches? :laugh:

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is not the same Arkansas team that lost to Southern Cal as you and Scott will find out on November 11.

Except for a failed two point conversion, Tennesse would have lost to Air Force. So there.

But I'm sure ya'll can make some excuses for Tennessee's poor play in that game. After all, ya'll are good at making excuses. :)

#48 KenH, Oct 11, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2006
  9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Objective - my foot. I hate to break this to you, Scott, but PastorSBC1303 has his biases just like everyone else. :)

10. PastorSBC1303

Yep I sure do. But I do not have any concerning Arkansas or Tenn. I could really careless if either of them ever win or lose a game.

I have watched both teams play and my opinion is that Tenn is the better team right now. But you are right, we shall see on Nov. 11.

11. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please tell me you don't believe that Arkansas could lose McFadden or Mustain and still be competitive with UT or LSU.

12. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really? And?

Do you think UT is the same team that lost by one to UF? UT has probably improved as much or more than any other team in the conference and they didn't start that bad.

If you don't like stats, just do the match ups. Does Arkansas have 3 lock down cover guys? No? Then how are you going to stop UT's 3 headed WR monster? Doubles? OK. Try a dose of Coker and Foster.

How do you really think Arkansas compares to UGA along the o-line and skill positions on the whole?

I know Arkansas has a good enough team to beat UT if the Vols don't play well. What you are not being realistic about is that if both teams are on their game, UT wins. If Arkansas is a little off, UT wins big.

13. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This isn't the same UT defense that let AF run the ball either.

Except for a perfect storm of plays in the latter part of the game, UT would have cruised to a 17 point win.

Oh I don't know if you can make that kind of blanket statement. UT had 6 possessions and scored on 5 of them. Ainge made exactly one mistake all day... an interception going in for a score on that sixth possession.

Has Arkansas played a game against anyone where they've scored on 5 of 6 possessions? Have they played a team as talented as UGA and scored on 6 straight possessions?... Woops, my bad. Arkansas hasn't scored 6 times total against anyone this year... not even a pathetic 1-5 Utah State team or 2-4 Vanderbilt (who Arkansas dominated 21-19:applause: ).

In fact, looking at the Arkansas schedule the Auburn win stands out as the ONLY GOOD ONE. You only beat one of the worst teams in the MWC 20-0. You beat a "rebuilding" Vandy team by two and needed 3 massive kicking chokes by Bama.

So basically what you are saying is that we should ignore the stats, ignore Arkansas' performance prior to this past weekend, and then believe that "this isn't the same team" based on beating an Auburn team that got caught looking ahead? That seems to be the case.

Want more interesting stuff?

Bama dominated Ark statistically but choked. Wilson and his WR's who are not in the league of Ainge and UT's WR's scorched the Hogs.

14. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OTOH, maybe your guys will figure out how to score 30 on a mediocre (3-2), IAA SEMO team this weekend, huh?

I'm sure that challenge will help Arkansas get ready to play the Vols.

15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

:laugh:

You are in for a rude awakening come November 11.

Of course, you may be in for a rude awakening even before then in one of the Vols' next three games.

#55 KenH, Oct 12, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2006
  16. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe. But that isn't even remotely suggested by anything Arkansas has done so far.

I'm happy for Arkansas and more so for Coach Nutt. But like I mentioned, you've had one good win all season, a really bad loss, and a couple of other bad wins like Ut St.

Please give a good reason why we should believe that a team that hasn't scored 30 points in a game all season should beat a team averaging 37 ppg that has only been held under 30 once... by UF... who is alot better on defense than Arkansas.

As for the next 3 games, I acknowledged that UT could trip up anywhere. In my estimation, LSU is the most talented team in the SEC and it ain't all that close. If they play to potential then I don't think anyone in the country can beat them. I just hope they don't find themselves in the week they play the Vols.

Like the Arkansas game, if UT brings its "A" game to Bama and USC neither should come close to beating them.

17. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Scott wrote:
    We dominated Cal for 2 and a half quarters. We dominated UGA for a half. We dominated Marshall for a little more than one half. We dominated Memphis pretty well throughout. We haven't been wholly dominant. We haven't had a complete performance yet, and that's what's scary. If this team puts together a full 4 quarters of football...but I don't know if we're capable.
    Fair point. However, you can't give up 3rd and longs all night and beat anyone, let alone a team of Florida's caliber.
    Yes. Remember he also said he wished McNeil had been healthier, and that Coker had been healthier and picked up blocking assignments better, which is why neither played more against FLA.
    You brought him up :laugh:
    Where did that come from? :confused: Give it a rest. We've all moved on at Rocky Top. You should, too.
    Not to hear you talk in the past :laugh:

Ken wrote:
    My prediction? UT and ARK have a lot of football to play before Nov 11, despite the weakness of ARK's schedule between now and then.
    Except for failed kicking by Vandy and Bama, Ark would be 2-3 and hoping for the Music City Bowl. :)

I wish y'all well and look forward to Nov 11.

#57 TomVols, Oct 12, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2006
  18. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Come on Tom. UT dominated them until Fulmer called off the dogs. I agree that it almost turned out to be too early but they could have easily hung 50 on Cal.

You have been surprising. I never took you for a "glass half empty" kind of guy before. You said that the Vols weren't going to be any good. Now they're playing great and you complain that they haven't dominated every moment of every game? They aren't playing SE Missouri or Utah St. They've played and beaten teams with talent and credibility.

19. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which was one of the more encouraging things about the UGA game. In the first half, I was thorougly frustrated that they gave up big plays on two critical 3rd and long situations. In the second half, the defense shut Georgia down completely.
    I read a direct quote where he said nothing about injuries only that he wished he'd played McNeil and given the ball to Coker.

20. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It came from your persistent negativity about what this team has accomplished. You seem to ignore the high level of execution they've achieved and that it is Cut's discipline over Sander's lack of discipline that is making the difference. The players have validated this with everything they've said about the differences between this year and last.

Maybe you aren't intending to be but you sound very pessimistic and negative about a team that is playing its best offense since.... well, since Cut left the last time.