1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RC Sproul Jr. Now a Sports Journalist

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Jerome, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Congratulations to RC Sproul Jr., formerly of Ligonier Ministries, who was recently put in charge of a website for the Pittsburgh Pirates MLB team:

Bucs Dugout • Permission to Board

"I have made my living as a writer and editor for more than 25 years. I’ve written for national magazines, various websites and have published more than a dozen books. I have been a fan of the Pittsburgh Pirates my whole life."

"I remember watching every game of the ‘79 series. I remember where I was when I heard Roberto’s plane went down, and where I was...when Sid slid."

"my father backed up Ron Lancaster at quarterback [at Clairton High]. Ron went on to become the Johnny Unitas of the Canadian Football League. My father also played baseball at Clairton and was offered a minor league contract with the Pirates. He turned it down, attending Westminster College"

"You will learn more about these kinds of things in the coming months... - RC Sproul Jr."

2. Sir Beezer

Sir Beezer New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was surprised by this announcement and clicked the link to the Bucs Dugout and judging from the comments it appears the selection of Mr. Sproul Jr. was an unpopular one and he was removed from serving as the website manager.

Community suggestions for the next site manager

3. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist