1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured RCC Missionaries in South America

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by saturneptune, Jul 10, 2012.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

There is one fact that destroys your whole novel. Has someone ever been saved and not baptiised. Yes, the thief on the cross. Now pack your bags and hang your head in shame as you exit.

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Difference being that Baptist missionaries go into areas and preach jesus, AND expose false demonic/pagen influences of those lands, while the RCC 'adopted" over those pagen custums and practices, in order to 'Chrsitianize" them!

3. WestminsterMan

WestminsterMan New Member

Since you didn't have the common decency to quote back to whom you are responding, I'll assume it was to me and just say this...

Boy - aren't you a real pip! Do you know that the good thief was never baptized? Where you there? No you don't, you weren't, and scripture alone does not tell us. Additionally, as I've already responded, was Jesus' sacrifice on the cross completed when he spoke the words "...today you will be with Me in paradise"? Nope! Besides, no one has said that Baptism by itself would save anyone. That's just your untenable fallback straw man.

Hardly! And all of this from an individual who uses http://www.jesus-is-lord.com as a source? Since when do you have any credibility here at all - especially when you are unable to respond in any logical way to points that are brought up or questions asked. :rolleyes:.

Look - when you get up the intellectual backbone to have a CIVIL and PRODUCTIVE discussion, then you will find any number of takers. However, based upon your previous "efforts" I seriously doubt you ever will.

WM

4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    name ANY NT Verse that states that one is baptised BEFORE placing faith in jesus in order to get saved first, than into the water!

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

It has more credibility than all the idiot doctrines your apostate church ever came up with.

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    because that site did the cardinal sin of actual quoting from and applying to the BIBLE!

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I have been wondering how that mix of worshipping nature and RCC doctrine work together? They probably start with a prayer to Mary then sing a song of praise to the great python god, boogly-boogly.

8. WestminsterMan

Look - you're just mad because you got spanked. So grow up. I don't have time for this infantile twaddle!

WM

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, the proble for the RCC is that His source used DID factually quote and show why the RCC is NOT the Only "true" church!

10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Sure you do. You have time to go into a Baptist faith board and demean it with Catholic dogma.

11. WestminsterMan

That site is a KJO, conspiracy driven cartoon of biblical doctrine and news. But don't take my word for it, just check out some of the pap there for yourself.

WM

12. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I do not agree with KJO, but I will read a King James Bible that has the correct books over your Bible plus uninspired literature book any day of the week.

13. WestminsterMan

Oh my Lordy… Why would any adult without faith in Jesus consider baptism in the first place? The RCC doesn’t do that. That's an utterly ridiculous and fictitious position - not to mention an obvious straw man. You like to tilt at windmills don’t you?

WM

14. WestminsterMan

:sleep::sleep::sleep:

15. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Say what????????????? You baptise infants!!!!!!!!!! They have no idea what the Gospel means and probably will not ten years from now. You might as well baptise your pet cat. Where does it tell you in Scripture to do that? It certainly is not in Matt 28:20. Maybe the book of Maccabbes?

16. WestminsterMan

My bible? I have many bible translations. I even have a KJV 1611 1st Edition copy and guess what... it has (count 'em) 80 books in it. So according to another less than well thought out statement by saturneptune, the original 1st edition 1611 KJV bible contained "uninspired literature" books. Thus, taking your absurd statement (I would call it logic, but with you that's an oxymoron) to its ultimate conclusion, the version of the KJV that you are reading isn't complete now is it?

Bwahahahaha! :laugh: saturneptune... you so funny.

Now lay there and wallow in it!

WM

17. WestminsterMan

Well there you go again... I've never baptised an infant in my entire life!

WM

18. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Funny, I am beginning to wonder if you got out of high school. The inspired Bible has 66 books, not 76.

19. WestminsterMan

Where does it admonish us against it? Besides... whole families were being baptised.

Before you further embarrass yourself... the book of Maccabees is a history of the Maccabean revolt which took place about 400 years BCE. Clearly, you have never even taken the time to read the deutero-canonicals.

Oh my....

WM

20. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Yes, I have, and yes, I am sure the books are accurate, just uninspired. However, I have not read why one canon included it and the other did not, so I do not know that story. Every post does not need be confrontational. The timing of Baptism, which has nothing to do with Baptism required for salvation, is something we will never agree on, as in my former denomination, the Presbyterians. The argument for infants is the parent-child covenant relationship. Since you were a Baptist you should know, our timing is based on Matt 28:18-20.

I know of no instance in someone coming to the Lord for salvation not being Baptised, as it was commanded by the Lord. If someone refused to be Baptised after salvation, I would have to question their salvation experience for such a thought. The difference comes in at the point of Baptism. We would believe that salvation is in effect at the point of salvation. Others believe the act of Baptism must be completed.

#40 saturneptune, Jul 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2012