1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Re-create '68 in Denver

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Alcott, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    With the tightness of the Democratic race and the discontent of recent years, Denver may be in for something less than the most civil of political conventions when the Democrats come in August.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/mar/21/protesters-rip-dnc-lottery/

Protests permits were selected by lottery, and a group calling itself "Re-create 68" failed to obtain one, so now they are voicing threats.

A couple of quotes:
    "When things blow up because the police have to enforce a permit that the Democrats got, don’t blame us for that," said Glenn Spagnuolo, an organizer for the Re-create 68 Alliance.
    "Blame the Democrats for trying to silence dissent in the city of Denver."

"Re-create 68-- which has promised demonstrations that will rival those of the bloody 1968 Democratic convention in Chicago-- will be at Civic Center on Aug. 24, even though a parade route or a security zone hasn't been announced."

Look out, Denver. They may put LSD in your drinking water. They may bag their waste to throw at police lines.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why wouldn't these protesters, unlike 1968, be at the GOP convention? The Republicans are the bad guys in 2008 when it comes to making war.

3. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Yep, I'm wondering that myself. However, I must say that the city of Denver is not doing a good job of allocation of park areas during the convention. Plus, the largest downtown park is taken up for three days by Taste of Denver.