1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

re: How about these two?

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by free2know, Dec 3, 2001.

1. free2know

free2know New Member

Just out of curiousity.......does anyone recommend Crown College or Fairhaven?

2. superdave

superdave New Member

Depends,
    Which Crown? Personally I don't recommend either! The one in Tennesee, or the School formerly known as St. Paul Bible College

I don't know much about Fairhaven, but have heard it is a decent school.

3. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

I have had some experience with people from both schools in the past. Both I believe are KJV Only schools that are weak on theology. The people that I have known from both are a bit on the rabid side -- possessing a lot of zeal but not much knowledge or discernment. Overall, I have not been impressed with the product. I would not recommend either school. There are too many other good options.

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Crown (1800 students, Christian Missionary Alliance, St. Bonifacious, MN - suburb of Minneapolis; fully accredited) is in our conference and is a good school to a point. It is not baptistic, it is Arminian, and separation is a mystical quality!

Saw there is a "new" Crown in Tennessee, ads in the Sword (which tells you a lot just looking at the ads). Don't know anything about them; another school started by a pastor who was unhappy with real colleges??

Fairhaven in Indiana is a HAC wannabe with more negatives than I care to even think about. Heavy legalism, heavy artificial standards, kjvo, busing - they send buses west toward Hammond. Would not consider sending John R. Rice's horse there (and he got a doctorate from Hyles-Anderson).

Others have a more favorable light?

5. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I live in the Knoxville, TN area where Crown is located. It is not worthwhile to go there for the reasons mentioned: unsound doctrine, etc.

6. free2know

free2know New Member

Thank you so much folks, you have reafirmed my opinions and positions and added creedence to them. [​IMG]