1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Re-memorizing 1Corinthians13

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by agedman, Sep 16, 2021.

1. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Form the NKJV:
    4Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not (arrogant) puffed up; 5does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, (keeps no account of evil) thinks no evil; 6does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.​

From the NASB:
    4Love is patient, love is kind, it is not jealous; love does not brag, it is not arrogant. 5It does not act disgracefully, it does not seek its own benefit; it is not provoked, does not keep an account of a wrong suffered, 6it does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; 7it (it covers all things) keeps every confidence, it believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
    I have loved the purity of God’s word, and, although memorization has always been extremely difficult for me, I have enjoyed being able to rely comfortably in that which I have memorized.

But that recall is fading. So to bolster my memory, before I fall asleep, I try to recall much of the memorized passages, but just.Ike the two above, I am faltering.

Do not be concerned for me, for my Father has me well in His Providence.

What I desire to know from you readers is if you also regularly spend time memorizing the Scriptures, and perhaps reflecting upon that which you have memorized?