1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RE: Soon going to support CARMEN MINISTRIES!

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by ATeenageChristian, Jan 15, 2002.

1. ATeenageChristian

ATeenageChristian New Member

I am soon going to support CARMAN MINISTRIES by giving them a ONE TIME donation of $5.00 and in return, each month I get something new and FREE! :D

2. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jessy, would you care to elaborate on this ministry? Just what are they standing for, and what will they give you (for that exorbitant amount of $5.00)? ;)

3. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

I'm not sure supporting Carman's ministry is such a good idea.

He's heavily into the false teaching of the Word of Faith Movement which accepts, among other things, the idea that Jesus had to suffer in Hell to atone for His own sin before He could atone for ours and there are several false teachers that he supports, such as Benny Hinn and Kenneth Copeland, who believe that God has a physical, corporeal body and that we are "little gods". Hinn even goes so far as to proclaim himself "a little Jehovah".

In addition, Carman has also written a song praising the ministry of William Branham who among other things, fiercly taught against the doctrine of the Trinity and that anyone who believed in it or taught it was "a child of Satan" and who believed himself to be the angel of one of the seven churches in Revelation. I forget which church but no matter which one, he wasn't.

Carman seems to have bought the whole New Age/eastern philosophy idea that there is no reality; that reality is what we say it is and pushes the idea that all we have to do is to demand something of God and, as long as we have enough faith, He is somehow obligated to give it to us.

Isn't it fascinating that Word of Faith followers claim that they can make outrageous demands of God and justify it by saying, "but the Bible says, "you have not because you ask not" but they always forget the second half of that verse, "and when you do ask, you ask with impure motives".

One of the things he believes (and this is a peripheral issue and one that I wouldn't divide with him over but I just find it personally annoying) is that we can "kill" devils.

In one song, he confronts a demon (presumably the Devil, himself) and says that God has "authorized and deputized [me] to blow you clean away".

Funny, I thought the Bible said we weren't supposed to rejoice in having power over demons, rather that we are to rejoice that our names are in the Lamb's Book of Life.

Back in the late eighties through mid nineties when I was involved in CCM I worked with Carman a couple of times and found him to be a pretty nice guy (although, frankly, a little weird) but until he renounces some of the false doctrines he's endorsed, I sure wouldn't send him any money.

Mike

Why not consider sending a couple of bucks to Steve Brown's ministry? He does a great job teaching the Bible and has a really unique way of communicating God's grace that shows you practical ways to learn to appyly it to your everday life. Here's their website:

http://www.keylife.org

4. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, there you have it Jesse, direct from Smoke_Eater. Hope you heed to his call. [​IMG]

Thanks for the good info Smoke_Eater!