1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Read it and weep: The Gospel Preacher Awards

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Mike McK, Nov 28, 2007.

1. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

:O

;)

;)

:O

If I put one more face on my message maybe it will finally be long enough

2. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I am aware that you "am NOT a fundamentalist!" I am also just as aware that you were then, as my BSU Pastor, and given what you have said above, have remained for better than 40 years, one with real pastoral concerns. That is what I was referring to, primarily. And I am also just as aware of some whose real pastoral concern stops basically at the end of the paycheck, as well.

As a layman, I have neither ever read, nor posted, the first sermon at SermonCentral.com. In fact, I had not been aware of it. However, I shall take the time look up some of yours (although I don't promise, or know that I'll ever have the time, to get to all 300), because I respect you, and not necessarily because I expect to fully agree with you.

I'm pretty sure that neither you, nor I, would likely do a 100% about-face course-change, based on merely hearing a sermon or two, after 40 years as Christians.

I do think you would consider me a bit more mellow at 59 than I might have been at 19. And I would consider myself more mellow, as well.

FTR, one definition of "mellow" is 'over-ripe, almost rotten'. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ed

#42 EdSutton, Dec 1, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2007