1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Real Preachers of Genius

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Revmitchell, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. christianyouth

christianyouth New Member

Too true.. But I have to wonder, why do you think these trends are in existence? Instead of condemning the practices, i.e. seeker sensitive church services, it would be better to condemn the theology that leads to the practices.

Still, funny video. :)

3. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "condemn the theology that leads to the practices. " or maybe more to the point, the lack thereof. :tear:

4. christianyouth

christianyouth New Member

5. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

That video reminded me of the time I met with a man who was in charge of church planting for a particular Baptist denomination. He asked me, "Why would anyone want to come to my church on Sunday?" I told him "Because there were genuine Christians there." He asked me another question and I told him the same thing. He told me to not get him wrong but the reason why people will come to church omn Sunday is because of the entertainment. I told him that there is no way any church oculd produce what TV can and that he was full of nonsense. That was the last day I talked with him.