1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Reasons one cannot pastor a church

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by fortytworc, Apr 4, 2012.

?
  1. Divorce/ even before salvation

62.5%
  2. Re marriage after a divorce/even before salvation

68.8%
  3. Not having his house in order/can you explain what this means?

68.8%
  4. Is not a good teacher

50.0%
  5. Can't control anger

87.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A corresponding standard is found in I Tim. 5:9 'wife of one man'.

2. fortytworc

fortytworc Member

Thanks Jerome

3. fortytworc

fortytworc Member

Anyone else want to participate in the poll? Cast a vote and join the talk.
    Anyone think of any reasons listed or otherwise which you think would be used to take a pastor out of that position of service in the church?

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

But that doesn't change the fact that Jesus agreed that she had no husband. This is foundational.

5. seekingthetruth

seekingthetruth New Member

That was a different situation involving a person with absolutely no spiritual maturity whatsoever.

Pastors are held to a higher standard than the woman at the well.

Even by God.

John

6. JeepDawg

JeepDawg New Member

Thanks. I needed that. I'll back up, reread, and reconsider what the Bible does & does not say.

7. fortytworc

fortytworc Member

I can't speak for anyone else, but what you just said is a breath of fresh air!!!
    “Only conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ; so that whether I come and see you or remain absent, I may hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel” (Philippians 1:27)
    Instead of fighting to maintain unity of the faith, we fight to prove a point regardless of the scriptural back flips we have to make. Most of the time we do these acrobatics in order to exclude as many as we can. Thanks again JeepDawg.

8. JeepDawg

JeepDawg New Member

The fight we fight daily is not who is king or queen of a message board or a single point. It's not a battle or egos nor is it a battle of one up-manship. I'm striving to be closer to God and have a better relationship with Christ. In short, it ain't about me, my ego, or my pride.

If I am in the wrong, I am not averse to Christian correction. (I'm not convinced I'm in the wrong, mind you! I'm not free from pride, after all lol!)

9. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You are not alone. I felt the same way. :)

10. fortytworc

fortytworc Member

The purpose of mentioning this passage is not standards or spiritual maturity. It is the marital status of a divorced person as God sees it. This says the divorced person is only married to someone they are currently married to. Jesus did not recognize the previous marriages as still being in effect. Maybe another scripture says something different. This one says she had no current husband.

11. fortytworc

fortytworc Member

Remember: Emotions can move us to ,among other reactions; excuse sin or put ourselves in the position of thinking we can meet out God's judgement to those "who have it coming" fairly, as if we see as clearly as He does.

12. fortytworc

fortytworc Member

A handful of people marked the 'not able to keep his household in order."
    If any of you would be able to give some definition to this by way of explanation, example, scripture, or just opinion I would very much appreciate it. Is it the pastor's children, spouse, grandchildren? Has anyone seen a pastor have the congregation taken away with this reason given as an explanation?