1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rebellion is it a choice, or are we preordained to it?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by MB, Nov 15, 2011.

1. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rebellion Is choice or it isn't rebellion. For one to rebel or simply be against a thing. They have chosen to be. No one can be made to rebel. it's a decision to revolt against the King. Rebellion is therefore an independant decision.
    Rebel
    REB'EL
    , n. [L. rebellis, making war again.]
    1. One who revolts from the government to which he owes allegiance, either by openly renouncing the authority of that government, or by taking arms and openly opposing it. A rebel differs from an enemy, as the latter is one who does not owe allegiance to the government which he attacks. Num 17.
    2. One who willfully violates a law.
    3. One who disobeys the king's proclamation; a contemner of the king's laws.
    4. A villain who disobeys his lord.
    REB'EL, a. Rebellious; acting in revolt.
    REBEL', v.i. [L. rebello, to make war again; re and bello.]
    1. To revolt; to renounce the authority of the laws and government to which one owes allegiance. Subjects may rebel by an open renunciation of the authority of the government, without taking arms; but ordinarily, rebellion is accompanied by resistance in arms.
    Ye have built you an altar, that ye might rebel this day against the Lord. Josh 22. Isa 1.
    2. To rise in violent opposition against lawful authority.
    How could my hand rebel against my heart? How could your heart rebel against your reason?
    MB

2. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

For the lost Rebellion (sin) is a choice that results from having no relationship with the God of our creation. For the saved sin is an act of rebellion is a result of choice in the mist of having a relationship with the God who saves us. For the lost rebellion is natural for the saved it is unnatural.

#2 freeatlast, Nov 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2011
  3. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Well, Lucifer was perfect until iniquity was found in him. His iniquity caused him to rebel against God. So if rebellion was preordained, then God caused Lucifer to sin,i.e put it in him.

So, rebellion is a choice that we make, and not placed in us by God.