1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Recent News from Israel for Dispies #2 re: Ark of Covenant

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by LadyEagle, Jun 30, 2005.

1. ituttut

ituttut New Member

2. Humblesmith

Humblesmith Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The ark was wood, but it was covered in gold. Whether or not the wood has lasted, I don't know, but the gold would have.

My guess is that Mr. Jones' consulting with Rabbis has less to do with what he believes and more to do with politics. To get cooperation with the locals, you get the blessings of their leaders. But this doesn't excuse the problems with the mystics (Kaballists), if he is indeed following that.

3. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

One theory about the Ark is that one of the conquering nations melted it back down.

I like to think it survived that some day God will reveal its location, but honestly, I don't THINK that will happen. I don't think God plans to give non-believers of the end age any greater signs than He has given anyone since Christ rose.

4. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What about those Ethiopians who claim to have it?

5. Humblesmith

Humblesmith Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    To them I say "Show me."

6. Brother James

Brother James New Member

Madonna belongs to this group. I saw a story on the Drudge report where she said we're all going to hell.

7. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I'm sorry, but this whole thing sounds like a hoax, or at least a put on.
    Well, summer has come and gone. No Ark. Is anyone surprised??
    Good point. At least those folks have provided artifacts from the same era, which substantiates their claim that they have the Ark. It's still unlikely that they do have the actual Ark, and since they won't allow anyone to see it, we may never know with any certainty).