1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Recipe for Disaster

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Scarlett O., Jan 25, 2009.

1. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was meditating on Romans 1 yesterday and I saw a recipe for disaster in my own life and in the life of the church and our nation.

Romans 1:21-23

[1.] Begin by ignoring God's authority.
    [2.] Next, add a daily dose of refusal to glorify His Name.
    [3.] Add a heaping helping of refusal to thank Him and show Him gratitude.

Set this aside to solidify and putrify.​

After time has lapsed you will have a entire mindset that is useless, futile, pointless, and void.

[4.] Next, allow this mindset to travel to your heart and darken it with all kinds of evil.
    [5.] Now you are ready to present yourself to the world as infinitely wise, although in actuality you will be as spiritually and morally dumb as a brick.
    [6.] And finally, use your feigned and damning worldly "wisdom" to create your own gods of your own choosing.

I'm being sarcastic, of course.

However, that passage hit me like a ton of bricks and I spent a good part of yesterday afternoon starting with step #1 and recognizing the authority of Almighty God in my life, my work, my church and my family.

We could all do with a good exorcism.

[​IMG]

#1 Scarlett O., Jan 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2009