1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Recipes for St. Patrick's day

Discussion in 'Women's Fellowship Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Feb 19, 2013.

1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Any Ideas of what I could cook?

2. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    meatloaf (slice a green pepper into clover shaped rings as a garnish on top)
    mashed potatoes with chopped parsley or chives
    green beans
    green jello dessert

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1st start off with butter cookies from the Swiss Place on Spring Street ...coffee of course. Then we meet up with the Irish Cousins who have a spot for me & my bride at the Dublin pub (preferably next to the bathroom). Im handed a Guinness by Eirnin or Fergus at around 730AM & Ruari comes over with the Bushmills & the shot glasses (which I refuse cause Im Welsh & Italian--- Not a rogue Irishman who went to 7AM Mass & St. Patrick's stinkin of the poteen.

Sean & Brendan & Deidre call me unkind names ....as the shots go down. Thats an Irish Breakfast on St Patty's day. I stick to the bar nuts.

At 830AM --- I spot my lovely wife who saves me a spot on the pavement (sunny side) for the parade..... hot pertxels from the vendor & some baked goods from the bakery on the corner.

After the parade.... we are invited for the traditional corned beef & cabbage ....of course the Guinness Stout & a Diet Coke for my wife..... they all know she is a recovering alcoholic so no comments are made.....oddly enough, around her there are no shots ordered. We also usually get the meat loaf or cheese burgers....big fat heart attack ones with steak fries & onions & onion soup or beef barley.....what ever is on the menu.

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ... Or try a pork roast with red cabbage & potatoes. Slow cook it & pour a beer in for flavor..... learned that from the Irish relatives. Serve with soda bread.

5. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Save me a seat. :thumbsup:

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God Made the Italian to show beauty, the French to make fine food, the Welsh to demonstrate intelligence, the Jew for their religious devotion, and to show what it is to have fun, He created the Irish. And to the Irish, God gave whiskey so that they wouldn’t rule the world! :thumbs:

7. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

I guess the traditional Irish meal would be corned beef and cabbage, but I don't care for corned beef. So instead, I make a pot roast, with cabbage, mashed potatoes, and carrots.

Are you looking for a new recipe, Saggy? I've been thinking about trying Irish Stew and Soda Bread this year. There are lots of recipes for it online.

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Stew.....now thats easy....I cut up roast in smaller portions, add potatoes, onions carrots, turnips etc & throw it all into a crock pot (that thing is great for guys) I also sometimes add apples & apple sauce for sweetness & I put a packet of dried beef broth in it......thats it; slow cook till it is a consistently you like. My family calls it Pappys stew. Oh I add peas & Corn & a bottle of beer (optional)

I might also suggest shepherds pie but I dont know how to make it.

#8 Earth Wind and Fire, Feb 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2013
  9. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

Shepherd's Pie (Americanized version LOL) is pretty easy. Brown a pound of ground beef and an onion. Add a drained can of Veg-All. You can add some seasonings if you like (Worcestershire Sauce, Salt and Pepper, or whatever you like.) Spread in a casserole dish and top with Mashed Potatoes (I usually use leftovers). Bake for about 30 minutes. YUM.

10. TennisNE1

TennisNE1 Member

Green Eggs and Ham? :)