1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Redeemer President

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by rsr, Jul 4, 2002.

1. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I'm a great fan of Abe. Did you know that before he became a financially successful attorney, he owned only a handful of books, and one of them was his well-read Bible (BTW - he taught himself how to read).

3. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Johnv:

I see that you just finished Vidal's book. I thought it was very well written, although the thing about syphillis ... IMO opinion, it's the last good novel he wrote. The successors in the series just seemed strident or pointless.

Have you read William Safire's novel on Lincoln? It's a good one too and details Lincoln's thinking leading up to the Emancipation Proclamation and Sharpsburg. A very good portrait of McClellan, I thought. So much of the writing about him is one dimensional.

4. John Miller

John Miller New Member

Another good book about the life of Lincoln is
    "Abraham Lincoln, The Man & His Faith," by G. Frederick Owen. It really talks about his love for the Lord and the Christian influences that others had on him. [​IMG]