1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

redirected

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by HeDied4U, Dec 19, 2008.

1. HeDied4U

HeDied4U Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay y'all, I need to tap into your vast computer knowledge once again.

A while back I joined an online survey/points program at MyPoints . com. I have since closed out my account due to the vast amount of spam I was receiving in my e-mail box.

The thing is, ever since I joined up, if I ever click on a link to a web site and it takes more than a few seconds to go there, I get redirected to MyPoints Web Search. Quite frankly, it's driving me mad!!! :BangHead:

How can I prevent this redirection? Is it possible to prevent it? I've tried all the tricks I know of (which I'll admit, are very few) and I'm at my wits end. HELP!!

I'm hoping someone here has had this problem, or something very similiar, and can help me out. :praying: Any and all comments, suggestions and/or tips will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Adam

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What you have is adware this will tell you about it as well as give you a resolution.

#2 Revmitchell, Dec 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2008
  3. HeDied4U

HeDied4U Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the link Rev, with the info in it I was able to find the problem.

I found a toolbar for MyPoints had been installed, with out my knowledge. Once I was able to remove it from my computer, I got the "regular" time-out screen I used to get.

Your help is much appreciated. Thanks again!!

Adam :)