1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Redskins: National Poll Proves 'Very Few People' Want Name Change

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A Public Policy Polling poll found that 71% of the country--including a majority of Democrats, Republicans, and independents, do not want the Washington Redskins to change their name.

According to the poll, 90 percent of Republicans, 59 percent of Democrats, and 65% of independents believe the team should not change their name. The poll found that 18% feel the team should change their name.

“This poll, along with the poll taken among Native Americans by the Annenberg Institute, demonstrates continued, widespread and deep opposition to the Redskins changing our name,” the Redskins said in a statement on Thursday. ”The results of this poll are solidly in line with the message we have heard from fans and Native Americans for months – our name represents a tradition, passion and heritage that honors Native Americans. We respect the point of view of the small number of people who seek a name change, but it is important to recognize very few people agree with the case they are making

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Sports/2014/01/02/Redskins-Poll-Statement

2. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ENOUGH is Enough!

The name, Redskins was good enough for my granddaddy; and it was good enough for my dad! It was good enough for all of those born in the Baby-Boomer era ... and I for one have had it with the political correctness thingamabob!

Out here in California, the Palm Springs area to be exact, there is a high school that has the nickname, Arabs!

During most of 2013, local, and national Arab groups have been working with the ACLU to get that school to drop its mascot and nickname, as it is offensive.

I may get some of you angry with this, but that school has been the Arabs since the 1920', and it wasn't until we started getting a boatload of Arabs migrating into the country that this became an issue!

Hey, all you Arab brothers and sisters, get a life? Gee, you are after all, Arabs, so why not look at the mascot of the school as a compliment to your heritage?

I say, enough is enough! If the Redskins bow to public pressure, and the high school does, likewise, I can promise you this ... the animals throughout the world will rise up next and demand that the Detroit Tigers drop their mascot and name as it has offended them down to their stripes!

Of course the above is merely my opinion, but, that is what America is all about ... being free to make an opinion! :type:

SEE:http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=20912024&sid=81

3. thisnumbersdisconnected

[totally politically incorrect moment]
    Maybe the Redskins can scalp the Arabs
    [/totally politically incorrect moment]