1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Reformed and Alcohol

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Greektim, Jun 26, 2012.

1. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

I meant exactly what I said. In an effort to justify a man-centered theology and keep people in "holy" (which is just legalism and fear) you have to ignore Scriptures like Col 2, Romans 14, and Galatians which apply to our discussion on alcohol...just as you ignore Eph 1 and Romans 8 and 9 on Salvation So, no, Arminians/Wesleyans do not take God at His Word. That's what I have seen from my own experience with them as both a former Nazarene church member, Nazarene pastor, and while getting my degree from Nazarene Bible College.

2. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

The bible disagrees with you. It says in Acts 2:12-15

12 And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this?
    13 Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine.
    14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:
    15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.

The people knew that new wine gets you drunk. You will note that Peter did not say that new wine was nothing but Welches grape juice and could not get someone drunk. He said that we are not drunk because it is too early and this is what is happening.

3. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

We, too, take God at His word....just not YOUR interpretation of His word.