1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Refuting Catholics...Scripture or Chick tracts?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by D28guy, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The sets of ten "Hail Marys"--to whom are they addressed? Who gets the glory? Who gets the adoration?

Are we using the same set of terms and the definitions thereof?

Selah,

Bro. James

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Bro. James, that does not address worship, but you make a good case for improper devotion, a case with which I'm inclined to agree.

3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    On the other hand many of you are very naive about the religious and superstitious things that they do.

I am of Italian heritage and grew up in Boston in the North End (Father's side) and East Boston (Mother's side).

The North End is more like a ghetto and on the Feast of Saint Anthony (Saint Anthony is the Patron Saint of Italy) a 12 foot statue of St. Anthony is paraded through the North End all day. Folks chase it around and pin money and petitions on it and make merry into the night when he goes into the church and hands over the $$$$$.

To be honest, I have many warm boyhood memories of the Catholic Feasts and my family's participation.

Especially the food! The cannoli, the gnochi, the Italian lemon slush. The local marketeers set up eatery booths all over the North End.

Go and see for yourself. You will have a good time if you can get beyond the Baptist indignation.
    It's in August this year. You will get to see the Old North Church where Paul Revere hung the latern(s) and many other historical sites. But plan to gain at least 5 lbs.

Maybe you will see me there this summer (don't worry I won't be talking with Saint Anthony just eating and visiting relatives, but I have been known to witness of the Gospel of Grace}.

http://www.stanthonysfeast.com/Feastopen.html

http://www.stanthonysfeast.com/MembersMarch.html

HankD

[ February 03, 2006, 10:59 PM: Message edited by: HankD ]

4. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Incredibly, it has been posted by Catholoc apologists...be they actual Catholics or not...that the Catholic Church does not promote what is in effect, Goddess Worship. In the form or praying to, and worshipping as a Goddess...the sinner saved by grace Mary.

And it is absolutly mind boggling...I dont know if its more hilariously comical or pathetically pitiful...that the Catholic Church will actually attempt to slither out of the obvious by saying...

"Oh, why we dont worship Mary.(wink) The reason we dont is because we call it by a completly different word! With Mary it isnt "Hyper Dulia"! No, we call it "Dulia"! See! A completly different word!(wink)

So...if I dont like somebody, and several people witness me pulling out a revolver and killing this person on the street, all I have to do is tell the police..."But I dont call it murder! I call it..."bimlop"(wink). See? I didnt kill him...I bimlopped him!"

"A completly different word! Can I go home now?"

Would that fly? Of course not. And neither does the Catholic churchs attempt to slither out of her church sponsored blasphemies, idolatries, heresies and Goddess Worship.

In the old testament Moses came down from the mountain, after recieving the commandments, and he saw the people already in the throes of blatant idol worship with the golden calf. Did he rush down there breathlessly and ask them...

"What do you call what you are doing? What WORD are you using for it???"

No. He observed what was going on. They can call it what they want, but it doesnt change the fact that they had been busted.

And the Catholic Church has been busted. Century after century they add more idolatries and blasphemies and heresies to their bill of goods. It is there for the whole born again Spirit filled world to see. Their attempts to gloss over, wiggle out of, explain away, and and hoodwink their critics dont work.

I dont know how much of a limit there is for words on one post, so I am going to include some information...with links as required by BaptistBoard...on 2 or 3 posts after this one. Also, images are not allowed unless they are the size of the logo at the top(pretty little), so I'll just include links to click on to see them in that post.

This is nothing short of Catholic Church "officially" sponsored idolatry and Goddess worship......

5. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Prayers TO MARY from Popes...

O Most Holy Virgin

Most holy Virgin, who pleased our Lord and became his mother, Virgin Immaculate in your body and soul, in your body and soul, in your faith and love, at this solemn jubilee of the promulgation of the dogma which proclaimed you to the entire world as conceived without sin, look kindly on us unfortunate ones who implore your powerful protection. The infernal serpent, upon whom the primeval curse was laid, continues, alas, to attack and tempt the hapless children of Eve. Ah! Do you, our blessed Mother, our Queen and Advocate, who at the first moment of your conception did crush the enemy's head, do you gather together our prayers and we beseech you (our hearts one with yours) present them before God's throne, that we may never allow ourselves to be caught in the snares laid for us, but that we may reach the portal of salvation, and that the Church and Christian society may once more chant the hymn of deliverance, of victory and of peace. Amen.

Pope Pius XII (1876-1958)
    (Pontiff 1939-1958)

To Our Lady of Rest

Hear, O Blessed Virgin, the prayers which we address you, Our Lady of Rest, as we are mindful of that maternal love in which you receive your children.

It is by your powerful intercession, O Mary, that our hearts and minds find rest. We know well our own weakness; but we trust in the everlasting promises, and we hope for eternal happiness as we cling to the crucified Jesus, who has made His cross to be ours as well.

O Mary, under your patronage we find peace in the midst of earthly tribulation. You are the quiet certainty of the strong soul, ever on guard against the enemy. You are the sanctuary of the pure who remain unstained by earth’s corruption. And just as, with you, we find peace during the present life, so shall we find with you, when the days of our pilgrimage are over, everlasting peace in the world to come. Amen.

(Pontiff 1939-1958)

Bend Tenderly Over Our Wounds

Enraptured by the splendor of your heavenly beauty, and impelled by the anxieties of the world, we cast ourselves into your arms, O Immaculate Mother of Jesus and our Mother, Mary, confident of finding in your most loving heart appeasement of our ardent desires, and a safe harbor from the tempests which beset us on every side.

Though degraded by our faults and overwhelmed by infinite misery, we admire and praise the peerless richness of the sublime gifts with which God has filled you, above every other mere creature, from the first moment of your conception until the day on which, after your assumption into heaven, he crowned you Queen of the Universe.

O crystal Fountain of Faith, bathe our minds with the eternal truths! O fragrant Lily of All Holiness, captivate our hearts with your heavenly perfume! O Conqueress of Evil and Death, inspire in us a deep horror of sin, which makes the soul detestable to God and a slave of hell!

O well-beloved of God, hear the ardent cry which rises up from every heart. Bend tenderly over our aching wounds. Convert the wicked, dry the tears of the afflicted and oppressed, comfort the poor and humble, quench hatreds, sweeten hardness, safeguard the flower of purity in youth, protect the holy church, make all men feel the attractions of Christian goodness. In your name, resounding harmoniously in heaven, may they recognize that they are brothers, and that the nations are members of one family, upon which may there shine forth the sun of a universal and sincere peace.

Receive, O most sweet Mother, our humble supplications, and above all obtain for us that, one day, happy with you, we may repeat before your throne that hymn which today is sung on earth around your altars: You are all-beautiful, O Mary! You are the glory, your are the joy, your are the honor of our people!
    Amen.

(Pontiff 1939-1958)

Mary Our Strength

O Virgin, fair as the moon,
    delight of the angels and saints in heaven,
    grant that we may become like you
    and that our souls may receive a ray of your beauty, which does not decline with the years
    but shines forth into eternity.

O Mary, sun of heaven,
    restore life where there is death
    and enlighten spirits where there is darkness.
    Turn your countenance to your children
    and radiate on us your light and your fervor.
    O Mary, powerful as an army,
    grant victory to our ranks.

We are very weak
    and our enemy rages with uttermost conceit.
    But under your banner
    we are confident of overcoming him. ....
    Save us, O Mary,

fair as the moon,
    bright as the sun,
    awe-inspiring as an army set in battle array
    and sustained not by hatred
    but by the ardor of love.
    Amen

(Pontiff 1939-1958)

O Mary Bright Dawn of the New World

O Mary
    bright dawn of the new world,
    Mother of the living,
    to you do we entrust the cause of life:

Look down, O Mother,
    upon the vast numbers
    of babies not allowed to be born,
    of the poor whose lives are made difficult,
    of men and women
    who are victims of brutal violence,
    of the elderly and the sick killed
    by indifference or out of misguided mercy.
    Grant that all who believe in your Son
    may proclaim the Gospel of life
    with honesty and love
    to the people of our time.

Obtain for them the grace
    to accept that Gospel
    as a gift ever new,
    the joy of celebrating it with gratitude
    throughout their lives
    and the courage to bear witness to it resolutely, in order to build,
    together with all people of good will,
    the civilization of truth and love,
    to the praise and glory of God,
    the Creator and lover of life.
    --Pope John Paul II, March 25, 1995

The Marian Prayer of Pope John Paul II
    Mother of the Redeemer,
    with great joy we call you blessed.
    In order to carry out His plan of salvation,
    God the Father chose you before the creation of the world.

You believed in His love and obeyed His word.
    The Son of God desired you for His Mother
    when He became man to save the human race.
    You received Him with ready obedience and undivided heart.

The Holy Spirit loved you as His mystical spouse
    and filled you with singular gifts.
    You allowed yourself to be led
    by His hidden powerful action.

On the eve of the third Christian Millennium,
    we entrust to you the Church
    which acknowledges you and invokes you as Mother.

To you, Mother of human family and of the nations,
    we confidently entrust the whole humanity,
    with its hopes and fears.

Do no let it lack the light of true wisdom.
    Guide its steps in the ways of peace.
    Enable all to meet Christ,
    the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

Sustain us, O Virgin Mary, on our journey of faith
    and obtain for us the grace of eternal salvation.

O clement, O loving, O sweet Mother of God
    and our Mother, Mary!
    -- John Paul II

Click here for Univ of Dayton web-site

6. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Just a few images...

(all images of the all powerful Queen of the Universe Mary..."high and lifted up"...being knelt before, prayed to, paraded through streets, and worshipped.)

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

Image 4

Very sadly,

Mike

[ February 04, 2006, 07:18 AM: Message edited by: D28guy ]

7. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Mariolotry documented - indeed!

8. mioque

mioque New Member

D28guy
    The resemblence between those statues of Mary and certain female pagan idols of the Hellenistic period is striking!
    Swap some attributes around and adjust the features and colour scheme a little and I know a couple of museums who would put some of those on display as replica's.

9. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Mioque,

This is sort or related to what you just posted.

Here are excerpts from a web-site. A link will be at the bottom.

Before anyone jumps on me and says "Thats not a Catholic website, Mike! Its a goddess worship website!"

I know that.

I am posting these excerpts to show that those heavily into goddess worship recognise this in the Catholic Church as being what it is.

Church sponsored Goddess Worship.

Here is commentary from the front page of this site...

Click Here

Mike

10. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Prayers to the dead - pretty soon they start to talk back!

11. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Though the error of Rome is not a pretty picture, we must remember (myself included) to follow up the truth of destructive criticism with the truth of the positive.

All Scripture from the Douay-Rheims:

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God: and one mediator of God and men, the man Christ Jesus:

Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other. For there is no other name under heaven given to men, whereby we must be saved.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 6:37 All that the Father giveth to me shall come to me: and him that cometh to me, I will not cast out.

HankD

12. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    D28guy,

Thanks for your pretty good collection.

Catholics deny that they are the idolatery.