1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Refuting Noah's Ark Critics

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Aaron, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The concept of Biblical Literalism, as it is understood today, was foreign to the Church Fathers. Jesus told all sorts of stories to illustrate profound truths. So did Augustine and the other Fathers. That they were fiction didn’t change the message. Noah is about sin and redemption.

In any case, you have no idea how silly all of this sounds to scientists, many of whom are believers like me. Poodles and German Shepherds are still dogs. Zebras and donkeys, while clearly related like chimps and people, diverged millions of years ago.

http://creation.com/refuting-noahs-ark-critics
    How many times have we heard that before? "Quite sounding silly and suddenly the whole world will accept the Gospel."

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Jesus Christ put His stamp of approval on all the books of the Old Testament. That alone is good enough for me.

That being said it seems to me that the logical mind must understand that time and chance could not result in the complexity of life. I have presented the following before but it seems appropriate here.

And then there is the primer law of Science, the Second Law of Thermodynamics. This Law states basically that, absent external influence, order does not come from disorder; In fact the reverse is true.

And then there are the comments of Robert Jastrow:

3. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Darwinism is the idolatry of the 19th, 20th and 21st Centuries.

4. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Definition of IDOLATRY

1 the worship of a physical object as a god
    2 immoderate attachment or devotion to something

Very easy to allow a multitude of things to become as "idolatry" in our lives. Darwinism and the general intellectual concept of evolution is no more evil than anything else we place before and worship before the God of creation. To be sure, there are many in scientific community for whom "evolution" has become their answer for the desire that there be no God and no absolutes.