1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

regarding cd audio

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Aki, Dec 17, 2002.

1. Aki

Aki Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    why is it that when i plug a cd-audio in my cd-rom drive, i see only the shortcuts of the songs in the cd but not the file itself? whereas, in the case of audio-video (such as mpegs) i can see the file itself?

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Different formats.

Audio CDs are not computer files per se. You have programs that interpret the "shortcuts" just like your stereo interprets the same "shortcuts" (header data?) so it knows which track you're on.

3. JamesJ

JamesJ New Member

Right. A CDA file contains information about, and where on the disk to find, the audio data.

4. Pete

Pete New Member

I remember just after getting my first box 6 or 7 years ago...I put in a CD, saw the files, right clicked and saw THEY ONLY TOOK 31 BYTES!! After copying one to HD I learnt that horrible truth :eek: :rolleyes:

So then I open poor ol' Windows sndrec, and ended up with a 18meg .wav on my hands (this is way back in the days before mp3). No big deal on my current machine, but only 16meg of ram back then and.....well....You can imagine the rest [​IMG]

Pete

[ January 04, 2003, 08:51 AM: Message edited by: Titus2_1 ]