1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rejection of sinaiticus and Vaticanus? TR and the original autographs

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by jbh28, Jul 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

Don't dodge the issue like your kjvo friends do. You are the one that is advocating that the Bible, to be purely preserved, has to be in a perfect version. So, how was the Bible preserved before the KJV? It's not a non-answer by me, but you.

I asked you the question. I'm thinking you are going to dodge it. I say it is the same way he has always done it, just like it was before the KJV. Problem is that before the KJV(in your view), what was this perfect copy? It's your advocation that I'm speaking about.

Ok, so you admit that the text of Scripture was preserved, yet wasn't preserved perfectly in one volume. Hmmm. Sounds A LOT like what I've said. :rolleyes: All the WORDS of the Bible are preserved today. Not perfectly in one volume.

Remember, my position is clear. Yours is non-biblical. yours blows up when I ask you where the Bible was perfectly preserved before the KJV. Then you admit that it wasn't in one volume. Yet when I have that SAME position today, I don't believe in preservation.
    I believe God preserved it. I just don't teach that God preserved it in one volume(something you do teach, yet can't say where it was preserved before the KJV in one volume.)
    LIAR LIAR LIAR LIAR LIAR. Why do you slander someone like this?
    LIAR LIAR LIAR LIAR AGAIN!
    So do you with the KJV Onlysim!

I won't find the answer because you kjv only people's position blows up in your face when I ask.(where was the perfect volume of Scripture before the KJV) So you resort to lying by misrepresenting your opponent(saying that I "will not accept anything on faith" BTW, if I haven't mentioned it again, you are a liar. I never said that and it is simply untrue statement.
    ANd you won't fine ANYTHING on kjv onlyism except from books by man. Irony at its best!
    Again, you are a liar. I do believe God has preserved his Word just as He said he would.(I've said that many times, yet you lie and say I don't) I do live by faith and have said that many times (you lie and say I don't) btw, have I misrepresented you? no, because I don't need to. I represent you correctly and even said you being kjvo was not a problem except for bad reasons. Yet you want to make this personal and lie about me. Trust me, I'm not offended when you lie about me.

LET ME REPEAT!
    I believe God promised to preserve His words!
    I believe God HAS preserved His words!
    God preserved his words BEFORE the KJV
    God preserved his words AFTER the KJV
    I take it by FAITH in what the BIBLE SAYS!
    I don't take it by lack of faith in what the Bible does NOT say.
    The Bible is preserved today just as it was before the KJV. It isn't preserved in one perfect Genesis - Revelation copy. It wasn't before the KJV and it was still perfectly preserved and it is the same today, perfectly preserved, yet not in one perfect volume of Scripture.

Repent of you sin Winman. You are a liar. I have called you out on this because you lied. Don't cry over it. Man up and admit your error, and I'll forgive you. You attempt to talk down to me with statements like "you don't get it" or you "don't see it." But that is just a smoke screen over you lack of biblical support for a position NOT based on faith.

2. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

I think a moderator should close this thread. It's isn't helping anybody out and it's no where close to the original topic. We have slanderous comments being made by certain ones on here and that needs to stop. I just had a wonderful day at Church and this isn't helping at all.

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sadly a bunch of unchristian comments. :(

At the request of the originator, thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.