1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Religion of Evolution: UTEOTW

Discussion in 'Science' started by Gina B, Aug 31, 2004.

1. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

In the same thread where I mentioned whales as an off topic answer to a question, I also mentioned some horse material in the same answer. Again, I hope that by bringing this to the front that we can divert any horse discussion that might come about to this thread and prevent the original thread from going too far off topic.

Again, I would suggest that anyone interested start with the first page. This thread went into some odd directions after that.

2. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Barbarian observes:
    Actually, it depends on how far back you go. Ungulates are no longer considered monophyletic, but placentals are. The perissodactyls form one large group, and the artiodactyls another.

But they have a common ancestor. They just don't have a unique common ancestor; there are other groups that derive from that one.

That would explain why you think ID is a science. You have it backwards. Science depends on evidence. Religion depends on faith.

3. Paul of Eugene

Paul of Eugene New Member

I'm sorry, JC, I wrongly assumed you know what "empirical" means just because you used it in a sentence. Let me rephrase. Part of the challenge is to keep the assertion limited to assetions with actual evidence and actual reasons for the assertion.

Lessseenow. you wrote "It's not empirical knowledge. It's hypothetical, theoretical and highly speculative." End of discussion. No reasoning, no evidence, just a default pronounement.

Funny why scientists keep ignoring such pronouncements, isn't it? THey keep asking for evidence and reasoning based on evidence. The nerve of those guys.