1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Religious rift

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Salty, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Abby has it right on. The two of them have no business marrying under those circumstances.

3. Carolina Baptist

Carolina Baptist Active Member

I find it troubling that the Christian seems to be OK with being unequally yoked.

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

My girls (and eventually my younger two also - the girls are 19 and 21) know that they should not even entertain the idea of a date with a boy who's not a believer. They see their father's and my marriage and how good it is and how it's totally founded in Christ and they cannot imagine being in a relationship without that common ground. The young man in this letter is in rebellion against God and while he has a nice dream of a perfect family, he never will as long as he dates the enemy.

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Every date is a potential mate :saint:

6. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Not if they're raised like annsni and her husband raised them. They'll know better than to be unequally yoked.

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Yep, they know that every man that they date could very well become their husband. Additionally, I taught them that what they tolerate in a date now will become the norm in the future so be selective. I'd love for them to find a man like their father. A godly man who leads his family well, loves his wife and children sacrificially and is wonderful to be around. :)

THIS is the reason they will most likely not be unequally yoked - unless they lose their minds and so far so good! LOL