1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Remarriage Issue

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Marcia, Jul 20, 2004.

1. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

2. NomadsWife

NomadsWife New Member

remarriage itself is not a sin. It simply brings troubles that would otherwise not be known.

Pastor Larry your statement about remarriage bringing troubles that would otherwise not be known is all too true... I am remarried and if I had to do it over again I would not have done so. I would have tried to restore my first marriage. But I remarried prior to coming to full knowledge that I should not have remarried but should have stood for restoration of my first marriage. I repented of my sin to God and trying to do what I can to make sure I don't disappoint the Lord by letting my second marriage fail. But I have two stepdaughters that went out of their way to destroy our marriage... the one has since settled down, but the younger one still has issues. Of course, she has issues with any type of authority, not just with us being married. As a result, I am having difficulty fulfilling my God given role as wife and mother in this home because hubby is not supporting me in my role. I could stand up to her, but I would be risking bodily harm to the point of ending up in the hospital or being dead... she has a bad temper and does not control herself in the least. She is 15 going on 5.

My advice to anyone divorced (speaking from experience) is not to remarry someone other than your first spouse. Stand for restoration of your marriage and turn it over to God and let Him help you make it work.

NomadsWife

3. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Thanks for your thoughts, Nomadswife, but I started the thread with a specific situation. Your advice here cannot apply to that situation because
    1. The first husband is dead
    2. The 2nd husband (still an unbeliever) is remarried with 2 children

I do not see how one can work on restoration of the marriage when the ex-husband is remarried (divorce occurred before Sally [woman in situation] became a believer).