1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Repent without Belief

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by psalms109:31, Jun 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

Of course, it is by grace through faith. Belief, not repentance. And if I were you (thankfully I am not), I would watch how you throw around "your God' and "my God" as if I serve another God.

2. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

3. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

No son. Salvation is by grace alone. Your faith did not save you, although you say it did. In you saying this, your error and misunderstanding is greatly manifest to all.

Your error is quite apparent and telltale. As also is your misunderstanding of the Gospel.

Faith saves no one.

#23 preacher4truth, Jun 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2011
  4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Faith in Christ does.
    Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved.

To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins. (Acts 10:43)

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. (John 3:18)

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. (John 3:36)

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. (John 5:24)

These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. (1 John 5:13)

Faith has nothing to do with it?? It seems you don't know your Bible very well. Faith in the shed blood of Christ has everything to do with it. That is how a person is saved. Without faith one cannot be saved. The Scriptures speak for themselves.

5. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

Amen to that.

6. preacher4truth

Grace saves, alone. Again, your lack of understanding condemns you.

That you believe faith is salvific, and not grace alone tells on you.

And again, as a moderator, you make personal attacks and align me with cults? So I played all that back to you.

Faith saves no one.

Grace alone, champ. But you don't believe it was grace alone, correct?

You believe it was YOUR faith that saved you, right?

Answer directly. (as if you haven't already)

#26 preacher4truth, Jun 18, 2011
  7. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

I'm going to make the same observation here that I made in another thread.

Paul, preaching on Mars Hill in Athens said in Acts 17:30 "....God commands all men to repent."

The next verses said some mocked, others said they'd like to here more later.

V. 34 "...howbeit certain men clave unto him and believed."

This has always intrigued me. Paul's exhortation was to repent. Their response was to believe.

Now, about repentance: I found a couple of scripture passages where God clearly gives the gift of repentance.

Acts 5:31 "Him hath God exalted with his right hand, to be a Prince and a Savior,for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins."

Acts 11:18 Peter has just reported to the Jewish Christians that the Holy Spirit had been given to Gentiles.
    "When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, 'Then hath God also to the gentiles granted repentance unto life.'"

8. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

God's grace provided salvation through faith alone.

9. preacher4truth

I know. You're as far off as he is. Thanks for the reminder.

You also believe your faith saved you. When God says grace did.

Wonder what that means?

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

In regards to Eph.2:8,9, "For by grace are ye saved through faith," it is speaking of the grace of Christ provided on the cross, and the faith that man must put in that grace.
    --Regarding personal attacks, the above is an example of one.
    If you really believe that then why don't you answer my post. I posted at least half a dozen verses for you. You didn't refute nary a one (Rom.5:1; Acts 16:31; 10:43; John 3:16,18,36; 3:36; 5:24; 1Jn.5:13). I could provide more if you wish. But you have yet to answer these. Why?
    Another poster already noted that you are not one to be complaining about personal attacks.
    Secondly what I said was true:
    1. I said that cults (like the one I mentioned use frequently the very verse in James 2 that you referred to.)
    2. I did not align you with those cults; you just made that connection yourself.
    3. The verse was about works and faith. I asked you if you would like to reconsider your statement about works and faith being essential to salvation. I haven't got an answer yet, or is that your belief?
    4. That is not a personal attack. It is a question based on a verse that you referred to or referenced in your post. So what am I to believe unless you clarify yourself. Do you have a problem with that??
    Do you have a problem with:
    1. Bible knowledge,
    2. Belief in the Bible,
    3. Both of the above. Please clarify as well as respond to the many scriptures that I have given you that refute that statement.
    The grace of Christ that provides salvation that must be accepted by faith alone.
    Absolutely. God did not give me the faith to save me. That is an absurd and unbiblical position, and cannot be supported with Scripture. To say that God saves you with His faith. You mean I have to put God's faith in God? Absurd!
    Furthermore, God does not give spiritual gifts or the fruit of the spirit to the unsaved. That goes against his word and his nature. He does not give spiritual gifts to the wicked/the unsaved. These concepts are absurd and unbiblical and cannot be backed up with Scripture. No one on this board has ever been able to demonstrate that through Scripture.

I just did; can you?

11. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Grace alone through faith alone + nothing = (means nothing, including repentance/work)

That math seems to put me more about "grace" than than those who attempt monopolize the word in naming their doctrine the "DOG". (God spelled backwards :smilewinkgrin:)

12. preacher4truth

You clearly don't understand what is salvific.

Remember, YOUR faith SAVED you. Not His grace.

You have no clue how far wrong you are. None.

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

And you cannot answer Scripture or my post, are you?

14. preacher4truth

You hit your head? This is total nonsense that you type. Totally incomprehensible and uncomprehendable, accept for the smilewinkgrin part, but that was supplied to you by this site.

Go figure.

15. preacher4truth

Just remember, YOUR FAITH saved you, by your own words. God says it is by grace.

Wonder who is right?

Heavens sakes.
    UH? Seriously? LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!

And you're attempting to interpret truth, son?

Oh boy. No wonder our churches are in a mess.

#35 preacher4truth, Jun 18, 2011
  16. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

Answer his post.

17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Eph.2:8,9 is right. Go and see what that means. At the same time, go and answer my post. I think you are afraid of the Scriptures.

18. preacher4truth

I have. So has the Word of God. Thus, you are as off track as he, and embrace his errors.

19. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Read more slowly....Here you go again: Salvation is by Grace alone through faith alone + nothing.

I'll leave the rest (razzing) be because I don't want to confuse you any more than you are.

Accept, curious, why you adressing me with stuff about head injuries? Got a complex or sumthin? ;)

20. preacher4truth

The only thing that is important here? YOUR faith saved you, not His grace.

He says that is not so. And you disagree with Him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.