1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Repentance

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by freeatlast, Jul 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You are acting like the extreme KJVO person who says the KJV corrects the Greek and Hebrew. Is that your position? If not, one must go the original language to find out what a seemingly impossible verse means. This is why your theology makes no sense, and why you are confused.
    I never said one thing about keeping the law. Why are you adding to my words? Jesus commanded: "Be perfect!!" Then he qualified it even further: "Even as my Father is perfect." He didn't mention the law. He said you must be at a level of perfection just as my Father (God) is. Are you there yet? Or what does that verse really mean?
    What is the context?
    And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him: (Matthew 5:1)
    --This is the beginning of the Sermon of the Mount. The message is first and foremost to the disciples. There were multitudes that gathered as he spoke. It is doubtful that there were any Pharisees were there at all. He was speaking: first to the disciples, and secondly to the common folk. The Pharisees were not his target audience at all. You have it all wrong. In fact this was spoken shortly after the "beatitudes" were given, something he hardly would give the Pharisees. He was teaching his disciples. He was giving them this standard. Be perfect.

Peter refers to in the context of holiness:
    Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy. (1 Peter 1:16)
    --Are you as holy as God?
    Who says the Pharisees were there? His message was to his disciples.
    Are you as perfect as God? Give an honest answer please.
    And they never would be. No one could be; not even the disciples.
    That is not true. His disciples did not ask either. How do you explain that. His disciples understood what he meant because Jesus was not speaking in Elizabethan English to them.
    You still have a carnal nature. So you aren't perfect. Since he was speaking to his disciples, they were already saved. So it is not speaking of salvation. Peter wasn't perfect. He denied his Lord three times. How do you explain that?
    You miss it because you act like a KJVO, putting the English above the Greek.
    If you truly believe what you say, you would have no problem answering my post that I have asked you to answer an innumerable number of times.
    Do you ever practice sin? Yes or no. Think carefully before you answer, and think of what others have told you on this thread.

2. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Use the search feature for all my posts and you will see the answer, but again you are trying to twist and slander. I asked you what name is put on someone like that? You know full well what I have posted in the past on the very question you ask again. So for me scripture means what it says and for you it means what you say.

3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

edited, double post

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I don't use search features in a debate. I expect you to answer for yourself. Your reluctance to do so shows you practice a sin of obstinacy in this matter. Others have pointed this out. I answered your question. You were supposed to answer mine. You refused. Your refusal to do so (like keeping your side of a bargain) is akin to practicing sin. Is that not playing the part of hypocrite? That is a question for you to answer not an accusation. You figure it out.

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Past page limit and shifting into "version" style discussion. So unless someone wants to start a new thread TOTALLY UNIQUE (not "repentance II, the sequel), we will stop it all here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.