1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Repenting over my lack of charity

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by mozier, May 11, 2004.

1. mozier

mozier New Member

I need to repent, in front of all of you here, of the times I have made fun of David Cloud, whether on this forum, or in other areas.

When I was first saved, I found myself reading up everything that Brother Cloud said on his website. As a former Roman Catholic who was seriously wounded by this institution, I ate and drank it all up. But then, I found myself becoming nasty and selfish because of it and realised that I was losing myself in what I eventually labeled "Cloudism." So I began to distance myself from David Cloud and his Way of Life Literature, and even spoke against him here on the Baptist Board. And on more than one occasion, I wasn't very charitable in what I said.

But now, I realise that I was all wrong.

No, this doesn't mean that I now again believe everything that Brother Cloud says or does, but rather I was in the wrong with my attitude towards him and his ministry. Though I do have my respectful disagreements with David Cloud on some of what he says, I also find that he is absolutely correct on many other points as well. My fault here has been that I have not been charitable to him, whether I agree with him or not. So because of this, I repent and ask God to forgive me for my failing here, with all of you as my witnesses.

And to conclude here, I am sending an email to Brother Cloud, apologising to him.

mozier

2. baptistk

baptistk New Member

You're are doing the right thing. God bless you.