1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Reply to KJVO

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by gb93433, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They do it all the time!

I have said many times that the current KJVO doctrine is derived from a CULT OFFICIAL'S book, and many KJVOs criticize me for saying that. However, unlike them, I HAVE ACTUALLY READ DR. WILKINSON'S BOOK, and many of the pro-KJVO worx that followed it, ALL of which use stuff from that book, either by direct copying, or by a re-wording of many of his points, so I know I am right.

And their claims that the KJV CORRECTS ITS GREEK OR HEBREW SOURCES goes off the far end of the absurdity scale. Wonder how many of them actually checked out the VERACITY of that ridiculous claim before they repeated it???????????????

2. Chris83

Chris83 New Member

Just fount out that this is the lady my old pastor told me he was checking the manuscript (i now assume because the content fits 'Hazardous Materials') with. He calls her a "scholar in the greatest sense"

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Considering their gullibility quotient it is not much of a guess. Gee I wonder what the folks at B-Greek would think of such claims?:laugh:

4. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The twice-divorced, thrice-married GAR has a degree in INTERIOR DESIGN. Some folx believe this qualifies her as a "Bible scholar". Truth is, she does have some writing ability, & is able to bamfoozle some KJVOs by writing what their "itching eyes" wanna read. If people would take the time to actually CHECK OUT THE VERACITY of her assertions...

http://www.avpublications.org/

5. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

She becomes a scholar when the ignorant check their brains at the door and do not apply Acts 17:11.

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Why are Bible versions a source of debate? If you want to read a KJV, that is your right. One has no right to tell someone else what to read or not read. If I want to use the NKJV or the NIV, that is my right, and have no right to tell anyone else what to read. There is something very wrong about a mind that worries about or condemns what someone else reads. Read what you want to read, and leave others alone. Frankly, it is none of anyone's business what others read.

7. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The subject here is Gail Riplinger and her NABV book.

8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

If you do not like it, go to another thread. You never have anything to contribute. You need to return to your Calvinism thread so you can contribute nothing there.

#28 saturneptune, Feb 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2011
  9. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why must you return to your old ways? I was trying to get you on-track with the OP. When you saw eternity and had a glimpse of mortality you begged my forgiveness for your constant meanness. Now that you are apparently well -- you forgot about your deathbed promise.

10. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    James White took her on years ago. But "some" KJV's bought her stuff hook,line and sinker regardless of the facts.

11. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

That never happened, and if it had, you certainly had no right to tell such information in public. That alone shows what type of character you have. Lets get a few things straight. I saw eternity and understood mortality long before you could read. Meanness is your middle name. You need to learn the difference between public postings and private conversation. You also need to either improve your memory or learn to tell the truth. I have watched your exchanges with others for years on the subject of Calvinism, and the manner in which you degrade those you disagree with is an outrage to basic human decency and Christian values. A deathbed promise would be when the Lord decides, not you. I have apologized to several on this board, but it is because I was wrong and their demeanor was better than mine. In your case, someone who treats people exactly the opposite as described in 1 John, it will not happen from this person. The one exception I would give is there are several weeks I do not remember about one year ago. My thinking is quite clear now, and have no problem in confronting people with your mindset.

12. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes it did.

Make up your mind.

You also claimed the same about reading The Institutes before you were a year old.

You keep going back and forth on this. Are you embarrassed that you begged my forgiveness?

Qualities you have in abundance?!

Hmm...

Now,what is your opinion of Gail Riplinger? You are not in the habit of saying anthing of relevance to any given OP. You once made 7 or 8 posts in a thread of mine which had absolutely nothing to do with my OP. You're doing it again.

Were you ever a Gail Riplinger fan? Or did you know from the git-go that she was a phony?

13. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Having read many articles by both Riplinger and Ruckman, this passage comes to mind:

James 3
    5 Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!
    6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
    7 For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:
    8 But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.​

And this is typical of the character assasinations and argumentative firestorms they engender.

Hebrews 12
    14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:
    15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;​

Both these individuals have troubled pasts and it is very sad because I believe they are our brethren.​

HankD​

#33 HankD, Feb 15, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  14. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

loved this line ...

"another meaning for the word found in any dictionary"

It's sad when one build an entire argument over ignorance of the definition of a word.

15. WestminsterMan

WestminsterMan New Member

16. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I am going to say this one more time. I do not post threads to suit you, especially someone who contributes nothing to this forum. You are welcome to answer the thread however you wish, and let others do the same. If you cannot do that, then why not move on. You can demean others who disagree with you, but you are not going to do so to me. My opinion of Gail Riplinger is that she does not care about the Word of God. She is creating dissention on an issue where none is warranted. It is the same thing on the other side where the KJVO advocates condemn those who read other versions.

As I said in the post above, which you so rudely responded to, when no one asked you to do so, however the Spirit leads someone is their business in which version is read. It is no one's business what I read, nor my business what anyone else reads. Yes, she is doing nothing but creating strife. You two would make an excellent pair.

#36 saturneptune, Feb 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2011
  17. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

This thread has degenerated into a personal squabble and is therefore closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.