1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Report: 70% of Iraqi insurgents aren't Iraqis

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by 2 Timothy2:1-4, May 24, 2007.

1. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

KUWAIT CITY (AP) — Seventy percent of foreign insurgents arrested in Iraq come from Gulf countries via Syria where they were provided with forged passports, an Iraqi intelligence officer alleged in a published report Wednesday.
    "They, according to their own confessions, gather in mosques in the said (Gulf) states to travel to Syria using their passports, taking with them phone numbers of individuals waiting for them there," Brig. Gen. Rashid Fleih, the assistant undersecretary for intelligence of Iraq's Interior Ministry, told Kuwait's Al-Qabas daily in an interview.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/2007-05-23-insurgents-arabs_N.htm

So much for the civil war.

2. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

Wow! USA Today was really quite misleading with their title for their News piece. I thought from the title that 70% of the the insurgents fighting in Iraq are not Iraqi. I don't know why it wasn't stated more accurately in the title but later you read that 70% of foriegn insurgent come from Syria. I notice that they do not give the name of the reporter who wrote the piece but whoever he is he needs to go back to school and git himself some learnen on reportin.

3. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

I think the "learnin" is needed here. The report says that the foreign insurgents come to Iraq "via" Syria where they obtain forged passports. In other words they come from other places through Syria where Syria supports their terrorists activities. I am embarrassed for you.:eek:

4. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

Either way the report is mis-leading and leaves the impression from the title that 70% of the insurgents fighting in Iraq are are foreign.

5. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I completely agree with Petra. This is absolutely reckless journalism. The article wasn't bad, but it loses its punch because the title is blatantly misleading.

I'll just hope that the author simply has no mathematical ability. I shudder to think that this might have been intentional.

I have a statistic for you . . . 100% of foreign insurgents in Iraq aren't Iraqi!!! GASP!