1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Report on Ron Paul's Greenville Rally

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Jul 22, 2007.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    America Supports Ron Paul: A Report On Today's Rally In Greenville, SC

Posted on 07-22-2007 at 01:50:55 am by Aaron

Today was transformative for me.

Not because I met Ron Paul in the flesh for the first time -- though that did happen, at the campaign rally in Greenville, South Carolina. I even shook his hand, and suggested he quiz Fed Chairman Bernanke on how exactly the shadowy and mysterious "inflation expectations" he always cites could be the source of actual inflation.

No, the day was a watershed for me not because of Ron Paul -- whom I understand pretty well and am already in support of -- but because of everyone except Ron Paul at that rally. The surprise to me was the people.

You see, I went in expecting an audience which was somehow "not normal", indescribably; maybe quirky or geeky; paranoid; socially-awkward; heavily biased towards "fringe" types. You know, internet people.

Well, if these were "internet people," we apparently need to rethink our notion of what the internet consists of. Because this audience was America.

That is perhaps the most succinct way I can put it. It was as if 2,000 of my nicest neighbors were brought together in one place.

No trace of "fringe groups"; this was as far from a "circus" as you could get....

What's the signifiance of all this? Well, to me, the above is incredibly encouraging. It means the support for Ron Paul, and more importantly the ideas of his campaign, is broad-based. "Average Americans" -- middle-class, hard-working, honest folk -- buy into Ron Paul's freedom message big-time. They just need the chance to hear it.

- www.autodogmatic.com/index.php/sst/2007/07/22/p479