1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Republican or third party?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by saturneptune, Oct 3, 2007.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Listen, I have resolved to try and tone down my posts, and trying to understand other people's views more, including yours. Yes, I voted for Jimmy Carter in 1976. I believe I said in the post I regretted it. Since I did not have a time machine to change the vote, all I could do is vote against him in 1980 and for Reagan.

I agree with you to the extent that Giuliani would be better than any Democrat in relation to terror and Islamic extremism. Personally, I have a real problem with abortion. That is something that will take lots of prayer. It is my hope that one of the pro life candidates will get the nomination.

I got a question for you and hope you will reply. Do you consider any of the other Republican candidates besides Giuliani as effect against terror, and which ones would you vote for besides Giuliani?

2. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

I believe that the threat of abortion is more iminent and kills more people than any terrorist attack ever could. Unborn innocent children are beng slaughtered right now as we speak. It will hapen again tomorrow. And each and every day after that. It is the biggest threat to our country that we face rght now. I believe even Christians have become desensitized to abortion. We need to fix this.

http://www.lifesite.net/abortiontypes/

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Which announced Republican candidate do you consider the most effective in dealing with the abortion issue?

4. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

The President has done well. As far as current candidates Guilian and Ron are not a consideratio with regards to abortion. To the best of my knowledge any one of the others carries an apropriate stance on abortion. Currently I support Fred Thompson. But if anther candidate showed that he would support and push for a constitutional amendment ending all abortion I could swing that way.

5. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Understood. And I apologise if I have been antagonistic and rude toward you in any way in the past and I always respected your opinions. Its just that I have never gotten over 8 years of Bill Clinton because of Ross Perot.

Maybe John McCain. I get tired of the Democrats putting forth the idea that If you never participated in combat then you have no business sending others to their deaths.
    I like Huckabee but I have to be realistic.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope. Whomever I vote for is who I am voting for.

7. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

I know that my candidate won't wint but I'm voting for the lbtn party. It's a statement.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm with you on that, Ivon. I doubt that either major party will nominate anyone who advocates limited government.

9. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

good points all.