1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Republicans Can't Handle the Truth

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by JGrubbs, May 28, 2004.

1. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

You should give the CP a try. It might help end your racism.

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is the issues that prevent me from joining the CP. I supported Kemp on the idea of returning to the gold standard, because I think that it would help the poor.

However, I do not think that the Iraq war is illegal. I think that foreign aid should go to Israel in spite of what the nazis, the anti-war crowd, the Islamic lobby, and now the CP say. And I think that the Federal Marriage Amendment is the right of the American people to amend the Constitution to stop activist judges in united action with gays and lesbians.

Finally, I am weary of the CP's use of other parties, in the case of this thread, the Libertarian Party to launch an attack against the GOP. It seems that the CP believes that the enemy of my enemy is my friend--so that the CP makes friends of leftists and Libertarians in order to attack the GOP.

The CP might defeat the GOP but the result of that will only be to elect the Democrats again.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    CMG, you have yet to show where the federal constitution gives the Congress the power to do that. Or are you really just a liberal who thinks the federal constitution does not have to be followed as the law of the land?

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Republican and Democratic Parties both promote bigger government. They both promote one world government. They both promote reducing individual liberty. They both ignore the federal constitution.

They are, in essence, one party - the Demopublican Party. When you vote for a Republican you are in essence voting for a Democrat. When you vote for a Democrat you are in essence voting for a Republican.

There are a few exceptions, such as Congressman Ron Paul of Texas. May his tribe increase. [​IMG]

5. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am no constitutional expert. Foreign aid has been around forever. Do you think that England should have sent food to Ireland in the 19th century? We used to think that foreign aid should be limited to technical assistance and disaster relief. However, the cold war changed all that when the Russians helped build the Aswan Dam in Egypt. You have to help Israel or it will be a signal to the Arabs to attack. Then Israel will have to use nuclear weapons to win. Furthermore, Israel really has been fighting America's war in the Middle East for a long time. Mr. Peroutka's idea would lead to disaster.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1)You can evidently read. So read the federal constitution - it doesn't take very long - and show me where the Congress is given the power to take money from me by force and give it a foreign country.

2)So what? We are supposed to follow the federal constitution in these United States.

3)What does that have to do with the federal constitution of these United States?

7. ballfan

ballfan New Member

Prepare to be shocked

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think so. For one thing, the Peroutka campaign won't have enough money to run the tens of millions of dollars of negative ads like the liberal, one world government Demopublican candidates, Mr. Bush and Mr. Kerry, will have.

Besides that, Mr. Peroutka is a Christian.

9. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Constitution Party is not prepared to rule. It wants to cut and run in Iraq on a minor point that won't stand up in a known court. On the issue of foreign aid, Ken, I read the constitution before you were born. Evidently, the CP wants to end charity again on a legalistic note. Here again, I question if Mr. Peroutka's point of view legally would stand up in any known court?

10. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Oh no! You mean fundamentalist Christians are the only ones who like this party?! That really IS a warning!
    Hopefully I can hurry and find a candidate with a lot of support from the unsaved heathens before election time comes around.

Gina

11. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, it is not a warning, but nice try. My comment was about the demographics of the thinkers in the party. Pennsylvania has pointed out that the CP is for people whose religion is more than just a Sunday and Wednesday night thing. Other people belong in other parties.

12. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Where are you getting those demographics from?
    Gina

13. futurepresident

futurepresident New Member

I just joined this debate but i think that several people are trying to pick apart a government that I am very thankful for. :D

14. futurepresident

futurepresident New Member

I admit bush is not very conservative, he is what you call a "compassionate conservetive" But he is a strong christian, and I am not going to just listen to people bashing him :mad:

15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I figured you were older than me but I didn't know you were that much older. Are you retired? [​IMG]

By the way, I am still waiting for you to tell me where in the federal constitution the Congress is given the power to take money from me by gunpoint and give it to a foreign country.

I know the answer - you can't - because it ain't there. [​IMG]

16. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just tired, not retired. I got a couple of years yet to go before I get Social Security. In the early fifties, the John Hancock Insurance Co. put out little booklets about heroes of the American Revolution and one with the Constitution in it. My grade school girlfriend's Dad sold insurance and she gave them to me. I must have started reading the Constitution when I was 11 or 12.

17. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

I can relate to that! I have always had an interest in US history and government affairs. I too started studying the Magna Carta, Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution when I was around 10 or 11. I remember watching the Iran-Contra hearings on television when I was 11 years old while on vacation at the beach, the rest of my family was down at the beach while I stayed at the condo to watch the hearings. Most people thought I was kinda odd :D "A kid your age shouldn't be concerened with that stuff, you should be out playing with your brothers!" is what I would always hear.

18. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Libertarian Paul Sperry charges that Bush lied his way into Iraq and charges that there are war crimes involved.

If the CP takes this line of thought for their own to bolster the complaint that the war in Iraq is unconstitutional and at the same time they want to cut off foreign aid to Israel--not to mention the backward Arabs in Egypt, for example--then the CP will start a war against Israel at the same time that Arabs in Egypt will go hungry. A retreat from Iraq before some order is restored will also encourage Islamic forces to continue.

The question of constitutionality that Mr. Peroutka raises is really beside the point. Mr. Peroutka could file a lawsuit and stop the war and foreign aid if there were any truth to his claims. The fact that he does not file any lawsuits shows how shallow his stance is.

19. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, that is the way that it seems to me, which is what I said. Many of the thinkers are really Libertarians or members of another party. Ron Paul seems to have a foot in the GOP and a foot in the Libertarians.

Have you heard of Greg Dixon? He doesn't think that a church should have to pay any income tax for its employees such as janitors, not to mention preachers, whom Dixon believes should be tax-free. He was aligned with militia in southern Indiana. His congregation totes rifles to church.

20. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

Greg Dixon left paying taxes to the emplpoyees of the church, and the ministers of the Indianapolis Baptist Temple as well as all the members have paid the taxes personally as self employed individuals. All of the workers have been audited and none were found to be delinquent on taxes.

Is being aligned with a "militia" always a bad thing? I don't believe every "mititia" in the country is bad. Do you think it is a bad thing to have guns at a church, if so why? I enjoy going to the gun range the 1st Sunday of the month after church with some of the guys from my Sunday School class.

[ June 02, 2004, 09:12 AM: Message edited by: NetPublicist ]