1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Republicans Rethink Immigration

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Crabtownboy, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is going to make some folk very angry.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/13/immigration-reform-republicans_n_2121754.html

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

3. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Me thinks ye doth not like what is happening now that the irrational ideological egg of GOP immigration is hitting the hard rock of reality.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324073504578107440206939484.html

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/e3d75816-2a90-11e2-a137-00144feabdc0.html#axzz2CCxVkWwB

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/...e-immigration-reform-142212570--election.html

http://news.yahoo.com/immigration-reform-gop-really-win-hispanic-votes-flip-205526821.html

Old, you can continue to be nasty, make personal attacks, deny, cry, complain, but it isn't going to change reality, the GOP has to change or die and there are GOP folk who have finally realized this.

4. OldRegular

Crabby if you were not such a leftist ideologue you would know that Bush pushed for immigration reform in 2006 with the support of McCain and Graham. Graham is speaking out for reform:

1, First, certifiable closing of the border.

2. Green cards for illegals that learn English but no path to citizenship.

3, Path to citizenship for children brought into country under certain conditions.

5. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Charles Krauthammer is leftist propaganda?

I’ve always been of the “enforcement first” school, with the subsequent promise of legalization. I still think it’s the better policy. But many Hispanics fear that there will be nothing beyond enforcement. So, promise amnesty right up front. Secure the border with guaranteed legalization to follow on the day the four border-state governors affirm that illegal immigration has slowed to a trickle.

www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/cha...92e302-29d8-11e2-96b6-8e6a7524553f_story.html

BTW, illegal immigration has been on a downward trend for at least a decade.

6. OldRegular

Did Crabby reference Krauthammer?

7. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No he didn't.

The thread is titled "Republicans Rethink Immigration" and Krauthammer is a Republican. He is rethinking his position. My post is on-topic.

8. OldRegular

I did not say it was off topic. Furthermore, I am not sure that Krauthammer is rethinking his position. A lot of Republicans, and I mentioned three in my response to CTB, have favored changing the immigration laws. Most, however, have insisted that the border must be closed. We have seen what happens if amnesty is given and the borders left open after the amnesty during the Reagan years!

9. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  10. OldRegular

I suspect the Hispanics are much like the blacks and young women; they will continue to vote democrat no matter what the Republican party does!

11. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "the GOP has to change or die and there are GOP folk who have finally realized this."

This is rubbish. Politics is all about your comment - change to win. A party ought to have standards, beliefs, and foster them. If they go by the wayside so be it.

I personally think the Rep. have changed ONLY to win, never because of change of belief. IF they ever decide what they want to be I suspect the American people will choose to accept or reject them.

The liberal school system has turned out millions of liberals and it may well be too late for conservative values to survive but I suspect the Rep. will continue because there is little difference between them and the Dems.

12. Borneol

Borneol New Member

I doubt that amnesty will create new voters for the GOP. That idea has been tired 7 times at this point since 1986. Michelle Malkin had a nice article on this recently.

"Assimilation, not amnesty"

http://michellemalkin.com/2012/11/12/assimilation-not-amnesty/

The workers from the south are needed. A guest worker program would be beneficial for our companies and those from the south looking to improve their lives. It might not take the politics our of the situation though. Democrats want the ruffly 30 million new hispanics votes that would come from any amnesty program. But this might be one area where a balanced compromise can be made.

"Plan For Immigration Reform"

http://www.dickmorris.com/plan-for-...s&utm_medium=dmreports&utm_campaign=dmreports

From the article:

13. OldRegular

Crabby, Why is it that there are Republican governors in 30 states. Doesn't appear the GOP is ready to have dirt thrown in their face yet!

And as I recall it was you, Crabby, who implied that folks in the Southern state were racist so stop whining!

14. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

15. OldRegular

30 governors and counting and the Republicans increased their number last week in the Wisconsin legislature.

Don't lie Crabby. Your remark was about the former Confederate states voting for Romney.

So you are again implying that I am a racist?

Your political ideology is irrational and has spawned Hitler and Nazi Germany with the Holocaust, Mussolini and Fascist Italy, Stalin and Communist Russia, Mao and Communist China, North Korea, Viet Nam, Castro and Cuba, Chavez and Venezuela, Obama and the democrats with the American Holocaust!

16. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You just cannot stay away from personal attack words. Wonder why you are allowed to get away with being so negative and nasty toward others?

Do you deny that Romney carried almost all the old Confederate states. It is a geographic statement.

#16 Crabtownboy, Nov 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2012
  17. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

:applause: The majority of the folks on this board with whom you don't share the same "politics" are allowed to do the exact same thing from thread to thread, post to post. There's just a lot of anger over politics and not getting what they want. And several of the mods, not all, feel the same way so they let em get away with it.

Now let me say something and mods come out the woodworks. :laugh: Gotta love BB.

18. OldRegular

It was not a geographic statement. Go back and read your remarks. It was a snide attempt to accuse Southerners of racism.

http://www.baptistboard.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1923016

So Crabby don't get self righteous as if you are beyond character assassination.