1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Republicans Stunned After Trump Reveals That His Presidential Campaign Is Broke

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, May 30, 2016.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When Donald Trump told Republicans that his campaign had money, it was a lie. In meeting with Senate Republicans, Trump’s campaign privately admitted that they have no money and will not be able to run television ads until after the GOP convention in July.

The Washington Examiner reported:
    Donald Trump’s campaign has alerted Senate Republicans that he won’t have much money to spend fending off attacks from Hillary Clinton over the next couple months.
    The notice came when Paul Manafort, Trump’s senior advisor, met with a group of Senate Republican chiefs of staff for lunch last week, sources familiar with the meeting told the Washington Examiner. The admission suggests that Trump will be far more dependent on the GOP brass for money than he has led voters to believe, but it’s consistent with his reliance on the Republican National Committee to provide a ground game in battleground states.

“They know that they’re not going to have enough money to be on TV in June and probably most of July, until they actually accept the nomination and get RNC funds, so they plan to just use earned media to compete on the airwaves,” one GOP source familiar with Manafort’s comments told the Examiner.

Trump is also refusing to use his own money to fund his campaign. In other words, what Donald Trump is telling the voters is completely different from what is happening behind closed doors.

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/05...rump-reveals-presidential-campaign-broke.html

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From the article:

"He's going to blame it on the RNC if he doesn't win in November," the first source said. "They're laying that groundwork now.

LOL!

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo.

3. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Talk about lies, Trump never admitted he had no money left and he never said he was going to self-fund any general election. So he won't run ads in June, why should he? He'll be okay because he can do a lot with a little:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What Trump plans on doing is to take donations and use those donations to repay his personal loan he made to his campaign. In this way he will not have spent any of his own money on the campaign. By law he can do this up until the minute he is officially voted in as the GOP nominee at the convention.

Then he will rely on donations, PAC money, RNC money, etc. in the general election.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sounds pretty smart to me.

I don't recollect seeing ANY Trump ads on TV. Hasn't he mostly taken advantage of 'news conferences'/coverage and social media up to this point?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's the same strategy other candidates employ, but their loans are with banks and/or other people. Some continue fundraising after they've dropped out, er, suspended, their campaign in order to pay off their loans.

However, Trump keeps saying he's putting his own money into his campaign (technically true, at least to start off with) and it is misleading.

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You know I'd say this doesn't mean much when you factor in the , what some have estimated to be, $ 2 BILLION in free media coverage that Trump has received.

One of the smartest moves he made was to go ahead and be the reality star that he is and let the networks lavish him with free air time to promote their ratings.

It worked.

8. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But all the "free advertisements" were highly negative - they never were trying to help Trump, but that's all they ever did. He is a showman, above all, and the minute Megyn Kelly went after him in that first debate (and that's what it was, she tweeted before it started that she was going to "knock someone out" and she failed), he couldn't be stopped.

This is a post-mortem on the way he won the nomination, but didn't anybody ever see The Apprentice and all its variants? Trump was THE BOSS of the show and I think that was absorbed in the minds of the viewers. He acted just like he does now on the show, which was on for years - another pop-culture candidate out of the dominant pop-culture, and Hillary will be the next to have all kinds of trouble dealing with something like this, seeing that she's not.

I think she ought to stay away from the MSM because she does better if she's not the focus, opposite for Trump. The MSM, most of them being in the tank for any Democrat, can't seem to resist Trump 24/7.

• Informative Informative x 1