1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured respector of persons?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Iconoclast, Aug 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes SG...the best is when he adds words to the texts to "help out"

We could all do this i suppose.....let me try:Roflmao

Seek ye first the Kingdom of God......after you do what you want to do for yourself:eek:...

Be ye Holy for i am Holy.......once in awhile when you get around to it...:Sneaky...

Ye must be born again.....except if you live in the USA.....:Redface....

All scripture Is Given by God......for those men who lived at that time:(...

If any person does this , day in, day out....something is wrong:Cautious:Cautious:Cautious

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Take a closer look at Van's post that you were quoting in the above post of yours..

Yet, not all have faith as 2 Thessalonians 3:2 avows. So then He does not take notice of those who have no faith. So, in a roundabout way, Van is advocating particular redemption.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't try to be clever; you will not succeed for obvious reasons.
    To say that I believe in 'conditional election' is a terminological inexactitude. I have never ever even hinted at such a thing. You are forever bleating that people are misrepresenting your views; well, don't do it to others.
    Go back to my post #46, read it and understand it, if you can.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

Yes, IOW he is not preaching truth, but error.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi Martin, I quoted you accurately. You have decided that the statement was against interest and are now disavowing it. But no amount of smoke and smears will erase it. If I made a mistake, it was talking you at your word.

6. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now the cyber bullies are engaging in gossip, posting to each other and slandering me.

Folks, the advocates of the nameless doctrine cannot defend the unbiblical doctrines they proclaim, so they use smoke and smears to hide the truth. They say something and then say they didn't. They claim 2 Thessalonians 2:13 does not say God chose us for salvation through faith in the truth. They say we are saved then given faith.

When you go through a door to enter a room, you go through the door first, then enter the room. Faith before saving grace. "you were saved by grace through faith."

Our election for salvation was conditioned on faith which God credited as righteousness.

7. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is what I wrote in reply to you:
    I do not suppose that there is anyone on this board who denies that sinners are chosen by God for salvation through faith in the truth. That is what 2 Thessalonians 2:13 says. What you will never find me saying is that God's election is conditional, and the text does not say that it is. Now just read the post and try to understand it. If you can't, just ask me and I will explain it for you. Here's a little hint: if you want to read about God saving a sinner through faith in the truth, try Acts 16:14.
    1. You are usually on 'ignore' with me, which is where you will return shortly, so don't blame me.
    2. No one has slandered you on this board, and it is not possible that they should . Slander involves the spoken word. You may believe that someone has libelled you, in which case report the post and stop bleating.
    3. If you don't want people to libel you, don't do it to others ie. me.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Note more smoke and smears, more finding fault with me, rather than addressing the truth that God chose us for salvation through faith in the truth, a conditional election. No ifs, buts, or maybes. God chooses believers whose faith He has credited as righteousness.

While works is not in accordance with grace, faith is in accordance with grace. Pay no attention to those who deny scripture after scripture after scripture. 2 Thessalonians 2:13, Ephesians 2:8, and Romans 5:2.

Since they cannot defend their bogus beliefs from scripture, expect more smoke and smears.

9. Internet Theologian

No one has slandered you in this engagement, nor is there any gossip nor other mentioned misbehavior. Be honest, it's befitting one who professes faith.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The pattern is.....go into a thread...disrupt it and then proceed to a personal agenda.
    This agenda has recently been fixated on wrong views of 6 verses....

These verses have been answered over and over....

So the strategy is....play the martyr, the victim, whine to the"mods or the folks"

Dismiss the correct view of scripture...substitute novelties and absurd twaddle.

Then show up in the next thread and repeat the process...:Cautious:Cautious:Cautious

11. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ROFLOL, the old "we addressed that somewhere in the unreferenced past and boy was our answer great!
    2 Thessalonians 2:13 teaches unconditional election for salvation of individuals is bogus. Just read it folks.
    Ephesians 2:8 teaches we are saved by grace through faith, thus our faith preceded our salvation, and according to 2 Thess. 2:13 our election for salvation. Thus regeneration before faith is bogus.

1 John 2:2 teaches Christ became the propitiation or means of salvation for all mankind, thus Limited Atonement is bogus.

1 Timothy 2:4-6 teaches Christ died for all mankind, thus Limited Atonement is bogus.

Matthew 23:13 teaches unregenerate men were entering heaven when blocked, teaching irresistible grace is bogus. It also teaches that total spiritual inability is bogus.

1 Corinthians 3:1-3 teaches unregenerate folks can understand spiritual milk, thus total spiritual inability is bogus.

James 2:5 teaches God chooses individuals who are rich in faith and heirs to the kingdom promised to those who love Him, thus unconditional election is bogus.

Folks, expect more smoke and smears, because all anyone needs to do is just the verses and accept they mean what the say.

God judges impartially, according to the person's works. He opposes the proud and gives grace to the humble, thus He judges fairly, but He judges.

12. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "Van, post

The pattern is.....go into a thread...disrupt it and then proceed to a personal agenda.
    This agenda has recently been fixated on wrong views of 6 verses....

These verses have been answered over and over....

So the strategy is....play the martyr, the victim, whine to the"mods or the folks"

Dismiss the correct view of scripture...substitute novelties and absurd twaddle.

Then show up in the next thread and repeat the process...:Cautious:Cautious:Cautious

or....just repeat it over and over in the same thread:Roflmao
    ;):Sneaky
    ;);)

• Winner Winner x 2
  13. Internet Theologian

You have no understanding of any of the passages you've used. Not one.

Proper exegesis of each passage would prove you to be in error, but you're not into that kind of thing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is all they have folks, smoke and smears.

God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.

God chooses people for salvation through faith in the truth.

God does judge people impartially, but He judges. :)

15. Internet Theologian

Who are all these 'folks' you refer to that seemingly follow you around from thread to thread???

My friend, you are in utter error in nearly all of your theological misunderstandings and have been readily dismantled numerous times. Please go properly exegete 1 Timothy 2 and to whom it is addressed and as to who is being spoken of in each verse and you will find the passage speaks of kinds of people, not all people. But I digress, and it is remarkable that you remain in such error after many attempts to lead you aright.

• Winner Winner x 2
  16. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is much here that at least approaches gossip. There are participants posting back and forward, talking negatively about other participants instead of dealing with the positions or the OP. There is another appealing to the masses by talking about others to the “folks” instead of dealing with positions (which is exactly the same).If that is not gossip, it is at least bad form and childish. Nothing but insults have been posted on this last page.

This thread has disintegrated into a romper room and is closed.

• Agree Agree x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.