1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Restructure the NBA?

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by PastorSBC1303, May 25, 2007.

1. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

2. MrJim

MrJim New Member

:rolleyes:Do people besides gangstas still watch NBA:rolleyes:

I've not watched since the Celtic days of Bird & Parish...

3. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Pastor

I am fortunate to live in the Dallas area and subscribe to the DMN, which has had one of the best sports sections in the country. Tim Cowlishaw is a great writer and makes some compelling arguments.

I think the NBA shortchanges its fans - and itself by not having essentially the best 16 teams in the tourney. I would go one step further and have them reseed after each round with the overall goal to have the two best teams in the finals. So take the winner of each division and the next best 8 records, give each of the division winners home court - seeded by the best overall records. If the result is only four teams from the east so be it. I dont think we would be tortured by trying to watch cle vs deet, where cle managed to score a whopping 26 points in the entire second half!

4. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Agreed series has been ugly. ON the other hand I don't want to watch a bunch of out of control freaks just runnin and gunnin. I like some stragey and defense. They are also a important part of team sports. I do like your idea about the play offs though.

5. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

I am all for anything that will keep the west from all the crying and moaning!!! Good grief you don't think people get bored from watching people just run and gun! That is just one part of the many aspects of team basketball. If you count on the run and gun you get teams like LA and the Kobe show.

Yeah sure lets re-vamp. I like too see the best teams play regardless of who they are.

6. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Was watching Mel Gibson's movie Apocalypto and there was all these natives with peircings and tattoos all over them and someone said "What basketball team is that?" I thought it was funny. My brother thinks they all act like thugs too.

7. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Tim

Actually I applaud detroits D and team concept - but in that game cle had scored 52 points in the first half, had a 12 point lead and then could only manage 26 in the second?? give me a break - of course it could be argued that bron was fouled by ripped him up hamilton (pretty good argument actually) and cle could have won. too bad for cle fans that bron does not get the respect yet that dwade got last year (yea more crying from a dallas fan :) )

At lease Utah managed to take one tonight - that should be their one and only win.

8. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

By the way - I will keep watching basketball until the bitter end - you all see the garbage we are putting on the baseball diamond this year? I had free tickets and didnt go to the game - good thing too, rangers were being blown out by the end of the 3rd inning that night.

9. MrJim

MrJim New Member

:laugh: :laugh:

Picturing Bird with some bird tattoos...

10. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Like I said on here I think 3 seasons ago I am dead set against special "respect" or rules for players. A fouls a foul. You know Prince and Chauncy have not been involved the last two games. They were out there but not contributing. James has yet to turn lose I think but I am just hoping Prince and chauncy will get back in the game when he does. Actually has been a pretty boring series.

11. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Cle got it going tonight - deet guards are AWOL! Prince played better

How about bron bron's posterizing of rash weed! Oh my! Turned the game around for cle - before that I thought that deet would find a way to pull the game out.

If cle can pull the next one out, we will have ourselves a series - same for utah

12. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

No panic here.

Things are cool with me. Pistons playing some of the worst ball and still winning or in the game. I might get a little excited if the cavs win the next but most likely will remain confident till they take 4. I don't think too many would take a bet on the cavs at this time. Odds are still with the pistons.

13. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I'm not sure what to do with the idea of restructuring the playoffs. Realingment of the conferences doesn't seem likely, even though Memphis plays in the Southwest division :laugh:

Remember that with a FA signing or two, the balance of power could shift dramatically. I'm not so quick to dismiss the East's recent success in the Finals, either. I don't think you can argue that the West isn't better than the East from 1-8 in the playoffs. That said, I don't know if a drastic change is the answer.