1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Resurrection 'On the Fifth Day'?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Gerhard Ebersoehn, May 21, 2008.

1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Post deleted

Will post as soon as possible.

But in the meantime you have the idea.

What do you say?

Thanks

#1 Gerhard Ebersoehn, May 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2008
  2. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Resurrection ‘On the Fifth Day?

Fourth Day………SFifthDay…………SSixthDay…………SSabbath…………SFirst Day……
    Tue/Wed……..……Wed/Thu…....……Thur/Frid…….....…Frid/Sat………....…Sat/Sun
    ---/-----------------------/-----------------------/------------------------/-----------------------/--------
    A1Cru……BurS/…………...……S……/……………….…S…./……………………Res/…………
    B1Cru……BurS/…………...……S……/…………………S……/……………………S……/Res
    C…………………….…S/Cr………..BS……/…………….…S……/……………………S……/Res
    D………Tradition……/………….………S……/Cr……Bu..S……/………………….…S……/Res
    E………………………S……/Cr………..…S……/Burial……S……/……..…Res….…S……/……Ap
    …………………….…S==/==1====S==/==2====S==/===3=====S……/…………
    Tu/Wed…………Wed/Thu…….....…Thu/Frid……………Frid/Sat…….......……Sat/Sun……

#2 Gerhard Ebersoehn, May 21, 2008
  3. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    S- Sunset
    E- Evening
    N- Night
    /- Midnight
    N- Night
    E- Early
    M- Morning
    N- Noon
    A- Afternoon

Tu/Wed…………Wed/Thu…………Thu/Frid……………Frid/Sat…………Sat/Sun……
    C……………………S……/Cr………BS……/……………S……/……………………S……/Res
    ……………………S=1=/==2===S==/==3====S==/==4=====S……5????

#3 Gerhard Ebersoehn, May 21, 2008
  4. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    A is the Wednesday crucifixion theory:
    Both Crucifixion and Burial before sunset on Wednesday, Resurrection spot on sunset Saturday.

B is the same theory, but with Resurrection on Sunday morning before sunrise.

C is the Thursday crucifixion theory with both Resurrection and Burial before sunset on Thursday, and Resurrection on Sunday morning before sunrise.

D is the traditional Friday Crucifixion theory with both Resurrection and Burial before sunset on Friday, and Resurrection on Sunday morning before sunrise.

E is the Passover-crucifixion appointment, with Crucifixion on Thursday morning and Death at 3 pm; and burial during the next day on Friday; Resurrection on Saturday afternoon.

The Wednesday theory overlaps 5, or 6 days, depending on which reckoning of day is used; but always at least five days or portions thereof. It cannot end with 'in the third day'.

Thursday / Sunday theory requires 4 or 5 days depending on which reckoning of day is used; but always at least 4 days. It cannot end with 'in the third day'

Traditional 'Friday crucifixion theory', has two nights and one and a quater days.

Only Thursday-Sabbath Crucifixion and Resurrection Appointment, beginning with Wednesday night at 'the hour' and Jesus' descending to hell through suffering and dying, ends after 'three nights', and, "on the third day according to the Scriptures".

#4 Gerhard Ebersoehn, May 21, 2008
  5. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

:rolleyes:

Get over it.

Ed

6. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Dear Ed Sutton,

You cannot kill this thread; you cannot make facts disappear; you cannot cope with your own conscience. May God be merciful to you.

7. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I am not attempting to kill any thread. I have posted previously as to this sequence of events, where you and I disagree in interpretation of the time frame.

But mentioning "5 days", let alone "6 days", is a ridiculous stretch, at best.

Not one person, other than you, has been able to come up with "5 days", or "6 days", in any event, even from a "Wednesday" crucifixion, nor could you, except by simultaneously combining "Roman time", "Jewish time", the phrasing of such, then adding to it, the contemporary speaking of 'days' collectively, and then drawing out from that amalgamation, a contrived reckoning, solely for the purpose of disparaging it.

Any possible scenario from approximately 3 pm on a Wednesday afternoon, until approximately slightly before 6 AM on Sunday morning, covers a time span of a maximum of nearing 87 hours, or nine hours less than is possible to get into a 5th 24 hr. day, let alone a 6th one. This little contrived scenario also fails to take into account the more than 81 hrs., or almost another 3 1/2 days remaining to get back around to the following Wednesday at 3 pm, needed to conclude one week. There are still, now as then, only 7 days and 168 hours in a week, and even Joshua and Hezekiah, on their best day, did not see any 80 hr. day!

(Them's the facts!! And they are not disappearing, but lying right there on the computer screen, in front of all on the BB!!)

Although apparently in them, Gerhard Ebersoehn can still manage to see an 80 hr day. :rolleyes:

I do have to acknowledge some of the most 'creative isogesis', I have ever seen in my entire life, however, in this attempt to 'prove' a point.

Frankly, I am not the one who should have the 'conscience' problem, here.

Ed

#7 EdSutton, May 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2008
  8. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Ridiculous, "to the max"!

The above is about the most ridiculous, contrived mismash, I have ever seen!

FTR, I can reckon time by both the Jewish and/or the Roman methods!

Ed

9. Allan

Allan Active Member

Nevermind, it would be pointless.

FTR- Resurrection was on the 1st day :)

#9 Allan, May 22, 2008
  10. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Use any adjectives. It impresses me not a bit.

Living for Him who Died for me -- but only o Lord, don't remind me of the Scriptures; do not I pray, show me otherwise I am accustomed to the traditions and esteem of men, and the comforts of society. Yea, I would follow thee in hunger and want, only not under threat of the Word.

11. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Allan, in fairness, you posted before I finished editing. You might want to check to see if you still agree, or want to edit your post, after I finished editing mine.

Thanks,

Ed

12. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Congratulations! Nice ad hominem in the blue type!

It would appear that the facts do not impress you, either.

Ed

13. Allan

Allan Active Member

And you expect people to take your seriously when you act this immature??

As I said it would be pointless and you proved my point perfectly.

14. Allan

Allan Active Member

It didn't really change anything, so I still have no problem.

Again I say - "what he said" :thumbs:

15. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Facts!? Facts would require we all burn our Bibles and become Roman Catholics and accept the Friday resurrection tradition or be anatemised. Only Ed Sutton's theory holds! Without facts to stand on. Just not going against the norm: overstep Sunday-sacredness and overstep all bound of Christian behaviour!

Ich und mein Dachshund, wir gehen spazieren!

16. Allan

Allan Active Member

Don't walk to far, and tell your dog hello for me :laugh:

17. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Thanks Allen, this is really encouraging, I feel a lot better!, "For God to know and judge us by our heart leaves us with no hope at all."

18. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Most ridiculous contrived mishmash, dear Ed Sutton, is this one, I fully agree!
    Tu/Wed…………Wed/Thu…………Thu/Frid……………Frid/Sat…………Sat/Sun……
    C……………………S……/Cr………BS……/……………S……/……………………S……/Res
    ……………………S=1=/==2===S==/==3====S==/==4=====S……5????

19. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Have you recognised whose it is?

20. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I do not know what exactly is being attempted, here, nor do I even care, or will I bother to attempt to decipher it.

The "mismash" occurs when this supposed group of five allegedly different chronologies (with four variational 'explanations') are all superimposed, one on top of another, to show your purported point, by the differences.

FTR, the points I have made are supportable by Scripture, IMO, without having to read alleged allegory and typology (where Scripture does not give any) into it. Others who have different views believe the same as I, as to the points they make being supportable. I assume you believe your points are supportable, as well. I have seen such presented on these pages with a range of 'days' of the Crucifixion from Wednesday through Friday, as we reckon time, and a range of the time of the resurrection from Saturday afternoon thru early Sunday morning, again as we reckon time.

It is not necessary to resort to hyperbole and ridicule or misrepresentation of another's view to allegedly have been deternmined by the Roman Catholic church, such as my own view that the resurrection occurred sometime before the 'dawning' or 'early light' of "the first 'day' of the week", to present these, IMO, especially when one can easily see through your own thinly-veiled agenda of having the resurrection occur "on God's Sabbath", which you have openly admitted espousing. I do not care what the Roman Catholic church says, nor have read anything theological about this from any Roman Catholic theologue 'wannabe', at any time. But I do fairly well with English, I think (My alter-ego is known as Langauge Cop.), and can fight my way through a bit of Greek, with a fair amount of difficulty.

I have read the texts (all of them) that directly deal with this question in multiple English versions, more than once. I find that the Bible does shed a lot of light on the commentary made about it.

Ed

#20 EdSutton, May 22, 2008