1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rethinking Homosexuality

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by MarciontheModerateBaptist, Jan 10, 2002.

1. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey, Lisa, looks like it's Daniel that's avoiding the question, now, huh? [​IMG] Think I'll wait and see if he comes back.

[​IMG]

[ January 15, 2002: Message edited by: rlvaughn ]

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Alright, where are these cool new smilie gremlins coming from???????? I demand an answer!!!!

3. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. rlvaughn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now, Barnabas, we can't let everyone in on our exclusive club. [​IMG]

5. rlvaughn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wait, Barnabas, you've been holding out. Adam gave me only one site and now you've given Tom three. :eek: [​IMG]

6. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Josh: Please show me where in the Bible Jesus condemns homosexuality.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hmmm....

If Jesus is God in the flesh, and was with God in the beginning and is God, then doesn't it follow that when God said "man lying with a man as he would a woman is abomination," He was condemning homosexuality?

Just an observation....

Oh, and Daniel: That "I am simply trying to say that condemnation (of homosexual monogamous relationships) is not found in Scripture. The Bible (interpreted correctly) is silent on the issue" was a pretty low blow.

So when the majority doesn't agree with you, it's because they aren't interpreting scripture properly?

7. John Wells

John Wells New Member

Why did Moses not cover homosexual marriages when he laid out the God given rules for marriage? Why did Jesus not mention "proper" homosexual marriages? Why did the qualifications for church leadership roles taught by Paul not include homosexual situations? I can see it now, "Let deacons be the husband of either one wife or one man!" :eek: It's because the mere thought of such a thing was an abomination to Moses, Jesus, Paul and God.

I'm ending this thread with the same first comment I made on page #1:

Leviticus 18:22 (ESV)
    22 You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.

Numbers 23:19a (ESV)
    19 God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind.