1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Retirement investments

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by blackbird, Jan 17, 2009.

1. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Lands sakes alive

GuideStone is eating me alive

This past year I have lost a bundle in my investment funds due to the stock market sway---I have been putting into GuideStone for 20 years---now it seems like the current situation the world is in--I may never get to retire----or if I retire---I retire with nothing!!

Anybody else----you don't have to list the amount you lost--just wondering if anyone is in the GuideStone boat with me---the retirement boat is "taking in water, Captain!!!!

Blackbird
    aka Bro. David

2. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

For those wanting to retire very soon this is indeed a bad time. For those (like myself) with retirement many years down the road it isn't so bad. I'm buying cheap right now and hopefully it will pay off in the long run.

3. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

I don't know anything about GuideSton, can you change the way it's invested? Go less risky than stocks?

I know my 403b I can change at will, stocks, bonds, money market depending on how 'safe' I want it.

Do you have that option?

4. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Yes---I have an option that allows one change per year---but it seems that all of the funds(in GuideStone group) are taking a beatin' right now

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I sure hope we can protect SS cuz a lot of American's will need it. Not only are 401K' going bust but it seems a lot of companies don't offer any type of retirement and most pensions are invested in this same market.

My wife lost a bundle in her 401K but since I split her stocks across all the investment options she has maintained a fairly even level. However, that is even with what they take out of her check so I guess I should say she is loosing 3% every two weeks...