1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Return To God.

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by bhakthi, Nov 1, 2005.

1. bhakthi

bhakthi New Member

Return To God.
    The worst thing that could happen to the people of God is turning away from their God.
    This is a very unfortunate situation because one who is backsliding puts himself in a very
    dangerous position. A backslider is like a sheep that strays away from the fold and is vulnerable to many dangers. Those who turn away from God may encounter many dangers and misfortunes in life. Instead of blessings there will be curse and sickness in place of health. They will experience trouble and sorrow.And finally they pass on the curse to the future generations. The history of Israel reveals there were times when people turned away from God and as a result they went through bondage and oppression of their enemies.It is not a wise thing to turn one’s back on God. One who rebel against God will never find a refuge. There is no place to hide from God. Prophet Jonah was running away from God. The storm was a result of his disobedience. Finally he was found out even though he was sleeping in the lower deck of the ship.His attempt to run away from God’s presence did not work out. God brought a storm and frustrated his plan.
    The message of God through the prophets to Israel,when they went on backsliding was to repent and to return. Eventhough the Bible says” it is impossible to renew to repentance those who were once enlightened and then fallen away”Heb;6:4,
    It is better to try than choosing to bear the wrath of God.It is very terrible thing to bear the wrath of God. God is merciful and might still have some compassion left. Repentance have caused God’s mercies to come upon those who turned back to him and it saved them from their destructions .Jeremiah;6:3says,” Return, unfaithful Israel. I will not look on you with anger.for I am unfailing in My love.I will not be angry for ever”.Isa:55:7 says,” Let the wicked one abandon his way, and the sinful one his thoughts; let him return to the LORD, so He may have compassion on him, and to our God, for He will freely forgive”.Hosea;14:1, says like this,” 1 Israel, return to the LORD your God, for you have stumbled in your sin.2 Take words[of repentance] with you and return.Micah also says ,” He does not hold on to His anger forever, because He delights in faithful love19 He will again have compassion on us; He will vanquish our iniquities.Micah;7:13.We read, “He brings back the captives of Jacob and restores their fortunes.” The Lord will once more comfort Zion and again choose Jerusalem”.Zech;1:17. The LORD rebuilds Jerusalem;[2 He gathers together the outcasts of Israel” ”.Ps;147:2.” Israel will blossom and bud”Isaiah;27:6 When considering the works of the Lord, the scriptures reveal that He is the God of restoration .He will have mercy on His people.

2. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Amen! God restored me, and my marriage. He is mercyful and kind!